oil problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom tom

Banned
Reaction score
camshaft-oil problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if all you are going to do is flame me, just leave the thread and thats that. I messed up badly the other night. The oil light came on, i got oil, put it in and accidently dropped the oil cap down below the engine. heres where messed up- i temporarily plugged the uncapped oil hole with a sock and the sock got sucked into it after about 5 mins of driving. its wrapped around the cam shaft-im pretty sure thats what it is... and i need some advice on how to get it out without shelling a ****load of money out to mercedes to take it in there. should i unbolt the top piece there and cut it out and then flush the whole thing with some stuff at kragen or just try to cut it out piece by piece through the hole with a sharp razor and take the pieces out with needle nose pliers and then flush it?

please any advice or help on this crap move i made would really really really help me out.

thanks to anyone who replies

Bumper

Banned
Reaction score
Why did you not just pick up the oil cap, it would have been quicker than removing your shoe and sock. To get back to the question what model of car is it?

Chazchuzzlewitt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W/S124 320TE Estate
that has to be a darwin award for car accidents :)

seriously though, I think I'd take the valve cover off and try and get it out that way. If you cut it out through the filler hole I think you'll just end up with little bits everywhere.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Chazchuzzlewitt said:
that has to be a darwin award for car accidents :)

seriously though, I think I'd take the valve cover off and try and get it out that way. If you cut it out through the filler hole I think you'll just end up with little bits everywhere.
You are right Chaz, when he puts up the car model I can give some instructions.

Malcolm

Bumper

Banned
Reaction score
tom tom said:
camshaft-oil problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if all you are going to do is flame me, just leave the thread and thats that. I messed up badly the other night. The oil light came on, i got oil, put it in and accidently dropped the oil cap down below the engine. heres where messed up- i temporarily plugged the uncapped oil hole with a sock and the sock got sucked into it after about 5 mins of driving. its wrapped around the cam shaft-im pretty sure thats what it is... and i need some advice on how to get it out without shelling a ****load of money out to mercedes to take it in there. should i unbolt the top piece there and cut it out and then flush the whole thing with some stuff at kragen or just try to cut it out piece by piece through the hole with a sharp razor and take the pieces out with needle nose pliers and then flush it?

please any advice or help on this crap move i made would really really really help me out.

thanks to anyone who replies

You better watch it hasn't got caught in the timing chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom