Pleasant surprise with Insurance

RichHammond

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R class 2006
My ML 270cdi cost me £250 to insure with Budget, fully comp, protected no claims and no tracker ( £250 excess). I got the quote on line then phoned them to take it out. good value me thinks.

psmart

Reaction score
RichHammond said:
My ML 270cdi cost me £250 to insure with Budget, fully comp, protected no claims and no tracker ( £250 excess). I got the quote on line then phoned them to take it out. good value me thinks.
It must be down to where in the country you are living! My ML is mainly in Europe, yet I am required to have a Tracker, even though its absolutely useless in Europe! I think the German police are the best insurance, as although its annoying, I quite often get stopped by them, especially on the A8 route Munich to Salzburg, as they want to check proof of ownership. Every high value or high risk car I've owned required a Tracker!

Perhaps Leeds is seen as a high risk city and everything is based on address!

OP
bibamus

bibamus

Reaction score
Your postcode is used by the insurance companies to evaluate risk, sometimes the next street ( with a different postcode) can be double.
Its not so much where you live, but where the criminals operate. I used to work in Solihull, loads of high value housing and expensive cars, very high insurance because it was a magnet for all the local criminals.
Allan

BarryG

Reaction score
My God I used SAGA !!

My daughter jokingly mentioned I should try SAGA insurance as she thinks I am so old. Guess what, I checked their site put in my details as I am now turned 50 I can get their insurance.
£249 fully comp including roadside assistance breakdown cover etc.
SORTED !!

Top Bottom