Please help c270 not starting

purdy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 2001 270 CDI
Hi guys, first time on the site and really need help, I am stumped. :confused:

I have a C270 CDI, my daughter stopped and placed vehicle in park and put the brake on, switched the car off and removed the key to retrieve something from the boot, then climbed back in the car. She did all of this within a couple of seconds.

Now the car won't start again, all electrics are working and there are no fault signals, Motor is spinning over strongly but not firing. The battery is fine.

We think maybe because she got out and in so quickly that the car thought she was being hijacked and started an anti-hijacking mode but not sure.

We tried the spare keys and everything open and closes fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Angry-dad :mad:

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
I think the started shouldn't even rotate if immobilizer is on. You could try to reset it by locking doors with remote, then open 'em remotely too but you evidently already did that...

Check is there air bubbles in injector return lines, that kind of fault may turn up very quickly if o-ring is broken somewhere.

Crank/cam angle sensors are next guesses... get the fault code reading... also can check if the fuel pressure is reaching the starting limit.

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
A Star Test should highlight the problem, do you have a Indie near to you that can carry out the test
BAZZER1

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Welcome to the Forum
Hope you soon get your probs sorted
BAZZER1

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I would guess CPS first, (crank).

When they start to fail, they run fine, but immediate hot restarts are hard as when the engine is stopped, the air flow stops around the sensor and pushes it out of spec. When it cools down it should start again. If it doesn't then its unlikely to be the CPS

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say this is a fuel pressure issue and this would be the place I would start.

Anti car jacking features?? Im not aware of any on a MB but African models may be different.

OP
P

purdy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 2001 270 CDI
Hi Guys, I would like to thank you for the advice you gave!

We sprayed easy start into the air intake and the car started :) we turned the car off and waited a while and then tried again and it started then as well. Seems fine, what do you guys suggest now to diagnose the problem?

Lionel.

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
CPS or injector/hp pump leak (suggest more fueling problems). Both are intermittent when engine temp changes... Get the fault codes read.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom