please help with my clk 230 komp loosing water

k6auk-mercclk230

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes clk 230 kompressor
hi every one been told this is the best site for advice so here goes..
i bought a 2001 black merc komp 230 2 months ago been 100% until last week when the water light come on the dash poped the bonnet and needed about a small jug of water to top up i then did 300 miles and light come on again so re topped up needed 2 jugs of water any way went to a few mechanics some said head gasket but it does no signs at all no over heating no oil /water mix some times bit of smoke comes out of exhaust buy will go away after 2 mins ish i have noticed damp patch out of the over flow pipe so obviously pressurising then this is my main question my friend said his bmw 330i was doing all the symptoms of headgasket failure steam coming from exhaust over heating bla bla bla he booked it in for head gasket when his dad said have you checked viscous fan he put a newen on and his cars been right ever since.
so i did the carrot test on my viscous and you could stop the fan at 80 degrees with a dandelion lol no effort at all could my viscous fan be causing me loss of water ?? it never goes over 85 degrees tick over heaters blow warm and the car runs like a dream and never boiled over please help:D

xtriple

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
208 Convertible 320. Vauxhall Astra estate (yuck!) Jeep Cherokee 4.0.
If you take the car to any garage they can perform a "Sniff" test on the car which will tell you if you have combustion gases in the water. This is a pretty good indicator of head gasket issues.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom