Possible EV.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
its at the toyota main dealer here in bolton as my local mot man would not do it, (true story).

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
its at the toyota main dealer here in bolton as my local mot man would not do it, (true story).

What a normal mot station refused to do an EV? On what basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
I've a friend who's son works for Jaguar. He informed me they're working towards getting a 1,000 mile range out of an EV.

1. When (if) they get there, there will be virtually no need for re-charging stations and stops whilst out and about.
2. Why would anyone 'invest' in them now when range (and associated battery anxiety) is still the big issue it is and, technology still has quite a way to go.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I've a friend who's son works for Jaguar. He informed me they're working towards getting a 1,000 mile range out of an EV.

1. When (if) they get there, there will be virtually no need for re-charging stations and stops whilst out and about.
2. Why would anyone 'invest' in them now when range (and associated battery anxiety) is still the big issue it is and, technology still has quite a way to go.

Batteries will still degrade and leave you with a 5 year old brick or a £15k repair bill

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Different things suit different people and we all think differently.

My security supplier bought an EQS only because he wanted to try new tech and is a sucker for it. One of my mentors bought a jag EV as he only uses it for local stuff thus suits his needs and if he needs to go far, he takes his wife’s ICE car or hires one.

Also our company owns stake in one of the biggest suppliers to this game and their techs have stated in a presentation it’s all experimental and now, we are 7/8yrs away from viable EVs..

Me, my Volvo is the cheapest car I’ve ever bought at a bargain £1500, yet will stand proud next to anything and is epic in every way and feels fresher than when it was new. So I struggle to understand if one needs a local runner or headache free motoring that’s better than what anyone would assume, why not buy a great old car. 99% will say they want image. Paying mega bucks for a deprecating assets in the web of keep them poor strategy is beyond me, but most of the world is just fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Probably read this thread. :oops::rolleyes:
car passed , went back to ask the original guy about the mot and he said he was wary of damaging the batteries, i bought jack pads for the car and told him this but still said no, toyota have no problem and told me to go there from now on, and only 27.00 for mot.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
was
Your right, £15k probably will not cover it!
was talking to the tesla technician and before the 8 year warranty is up you can extend which is food for thought. i think this is the worst place to get opinions on any evs smart amg , try one for yourself and revel in the 8 year warranty which is actually worth the paper its written on,

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Batteries will still degrade and leave you with a 5 year old brick or a £15k repair bill
so our car has only 12 months left before the batteries fail?

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
car passed , went back to ask the original guy about the mot and he said he was wary of damaging the batteries, i bought jack pads for the car and told him this but still said no, toyota have no problem and told me to go there from now on, and only 27.00 for mot.
Excellent result! :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Your right, £15k probably will not cover it!

Saw a film of a BMW 7 Hybrid that was effectively a "Mechanical Write off" due to the batteries, £130k new and written off

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom