Possible EV.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
They (EVs) are generally pretty ugly.

Yes, I think if they made some nice looking, fast EVs I might be more likely to want to buy one.

You would think with the lack of an engine up front, we could have some nice styling ideas.

The Tesla Plaid with three motors has awesome performance, (0-60 in 1.9 seconds) but looks like an anonymous family saloon.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I think there is an Audi RS6 etron proposed and from a render, it looks decent from what was shown. And that is rare for me to say as most stuff in this day and age, ice and electric is styled by totally tasteless idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I think there is an Audi RS6 etron proposed and from a render, it looks decent from what was shown. And that is rare for me to say as most stuff in this day and age, ice and electric is styled by totally tasteless idiots

Styled in wind tunnels (& probably AI).

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Just watch the Simpsons episode "Oh brother, where art though?" to find out what happens when you let the consumer design the product :)
The movie "Oh brother, where art thou” will George Clooney 'et al' was excellent.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

These days, cars are designed by aerodynamics and pedestrian safety and then “brand image”.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Why oh why. Even the manufacturers have said we are 8yrs away from the point where an electric would be worth buying, as they are currently experimenting.

Secondly, whilst it’s no looker, it’s better looking than 95% of the dire tripe that most manufactures are knocking out with the exception being Porsche. Get a red one if you do.

so if thye are saying 8 years away , the .gov must be at least 30 years away if not more !? still not got 3G phone reception everywhere . . . . .

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
I'd happily have an electric car, its just the costs that put me off. You still get a better car buying Diesel or Petrol on the used market.

But if I ever do go electric... I'd rather something like this...

I would hope I did not have to change to an MPV at the same time as the switch to electric, which is effectively what most EVs on the market are.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I'd happily have an electric car, its just the costs that put me off. You still get a better car buying Diesel or Petrol on the used market.

I would hope I did not have to change to an MPV at the same time as the switch to electric, which is effectively what most EVs on the market are.

They are both the same car…
Still wouldn’t, unless someone else was paying

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Honestly I think the Tesla’s are better looking than the vast majority of new cars. They are smooth and clean. Musk should shock the world by unveiling a petrol V8 Model S with a manual box and proper dashboard.
He is a great disrupter anything can happen :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Honestly I think the Tesla’s are better looking than the vast majority of new cars. They are smooth and clean. Musk should shock the world by unveiling a petrol V8 Model S with a manual box and proper dashboard.
I think they are more “vanilla” than most of the others. IMO the Porsche and Audi pictured above are much nicer.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

I saw an Audi in red while walking this summer. It was stunning

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
They aint cheap thats for sure but if you can afford it why not, we did not notice much difference with winter range compared to summer, also consider service cost, my next service is in 2 years and will be brake fluid @ 45.00, tyres can as long as any other car but a mate with a p100 is changeing rears every 8k due to the way he drives. your going to have loads more tech than your used to which is always nice and the ice is miles ahead in terms of sound quality and function . go for it , look on a forum specific for that model to get up to date info, and enjoy immense power that nothing else can touch! enjoy.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
They aint cheap thats for sure but if you can afford it why not, we did not notice much difference with winter range compared to summer, also consider service cost, my next service is in 2 years and will be brake fluid @ 45.00, tyres can as long as any other car but a mate with a p100 is changeing rears every 8k due to the way he drives. your going to have loads more tech than your used to which is always nice and the ice is miles ahead in terms of sound quality and function . go for it , look on a forum specific for that model to get up to date info, and enjoy immense power that nothing else can touch! enjoy.
IMO, most of the tech is a sales gimmick (ICE & EV). For the first month of ownership, you play with all the settings and options and then never look at them again.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom