Pre-facelift CLK (99/00/01)

I

Irish(London)

Morning all,

Thinking about one of these at the minute. Love my Dad's 00 E class (except the rust!)

I guess I will have to live with rot at some point.

Anyone care to put a figure on what these sell for. Asking prices are very stong (£6/7/8k) for a car which is essentially a decade old.

Is it unrealistic to think a car can be found for £6k with the right boxes ticked (history, strong colour, no rust etc?).

Any CLK buying tips appreciated. After my 190e I can't keep away from wanting another Merc.!

beemer328

Reaction score
Hi Mate, dont know if its too old for you but i have got a 97 320 clk coupe (elegance)for sale at the moment, its in mint condition, in special order quartz blue, with grey leather, comes with its original reg R15 CLK. has had two previouse owners and was owned by mercedes themselves. As said it is the 3.2 v6 (no kompressor to go wrong) much better than the 2.3 both on power and economy. comes with full service history. A really nice genuine car and has lots of toys. If yuo need pics let me know. Cheers, Gary

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I have a 2002 CLK 320 CAB, I love the car :) some have rust on arches, but I dont think there is anything that is really bad about them apart from that. and the 320 block is rock solid, I get around 22/24mpg in town and 28/30 on a run

OP
I

Irish(London)

I have a 2002 CLK 320 CAB, I love the car :) some have rust on arches, but I dont think there is anything that is really bad about them apart from that. and the 320 block is rock solid, I get around 22/24mpg in town and 28/30 on a run

Thanks guys. Looking at an 01 with 70k but patchy service.

Will offer around £5k and see where I get. Factor in rust, tyres, pads, new key (only one with the car) that makes it fair value but open to correction on that.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
With all those factors in mind, Offer around £4500 as that would be fair deal. I bought my CLK 230 01 last year march with around 80K and no rust at all and nothing need doing for £8K and with depreciation and above issues in mind, It would add up to £4K - £4.5K

buccal

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looking at an 01 with 70k but patchy service.

Will offer around £5k and see where I get. Factor in rust, tyres, pads, new key (only one with the car) that makes it fair value but open to correction on that.

Why not spend a bit more and get an immaculate car?

My Clk has done 35k just had B service with MB. No rust 2 owners and is mint.

Probably worth 6.5k in current climate.

There are some nice cars out there if you keep your eyes peeled.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom