R107 280SL 1981 cleaning fuel system

Roger Camilleri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280SL 1981 M110
I am cleaning the fuel system including refurbishing the pump/accumulator unit, i removed the pipes from the K Jetronic and pump unit so the supply pipe was open from both sides and the return was open from engine side but was still connected to the fuel tank. My Question i blew air through the supply pipe from the engine side and no problem air was passing freely but when i tried to blow air from the return pipe engine side to tank this was not possible, is this normal or do i have a blockage ?

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
I need a reminder of where the fuel pressure regulator is on the k-jet system.

Just remembered another thing. On my VW there was a tiny filter, sort of an inline thing as in a washing machine, in one of the pipes on the fuel distributor.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom