Rattle in W203 Left Hand Front Seat Headrest

saleemarshad

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
the car seat headrest has this annoying rattle. on a road that is even slightly rough, it rattles, its a sort of noise like a screw in a tin can . its soft at times and then it gets bad whn the road is rough.
its really winding me up. i took it to the dealership and they said they oild it. its just gotten worse!

I know its from the headrest cos if someone holds the headrest, the car is quiet. (wish i had 2 more hands to hold it ) lol

Any DIY suggestions ? i thought i might push a piece of rubber between the sliding headrest n the fixed portion (neck adjustment) but anaything more asthetic/clever will be much appreciated.

Wonder if anyone else has faced this problem

Thanks
saleem

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom