rear wheel arch linings

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Have put my S320 cdi 2003 on light duties until I sort out the diesel leak problem. In the meantime have sprayed the wheel bolts with hammerite silver paint and they look really good. I noticed that there are plastic wheel arch liners? at the back and they seem to be quite loose to the touch. I'm guessing thats not how they should be so my question is has anyone tackled this problem, are they easy to buy, how much should they cost, where do you buy em and probably most importantly for me are they easy to replace. Obviously I would love to tackle every job that has come up since I bought the car but there have been quite a few but I have no garage, workshop and only basic tools and skills I am relying on this excellent forum a lot and as a new user I am enjoying it very much. As always any advice gratefully received, Will.

andys320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S211 280 CDi 2009, Porsche Boxster ,much missed Mercedes S320CDi 2003
Easy job to do - rear are more flimsy than front.

No idea re cost - check all bolts and nuts are there.

Rear took some persuasion to remove - make sure all drains are clear and through the liner!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The worst is when the cheap screws break,,, even the plastic ones manage to rust in:(:(

Boxbrownie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350Cdi BE but now a Q3
Unless they are damaged there is no point buying new liners, just take them out clean out all the crud that has managed to get behind them and refix them, might be worth just buying new fixings though, they are never the same once disassembled.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom