Red alert, door open alarm won't go away

louis.swordfish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 c220 sport coupe
Hi guys,
This is my first post and I'm not sure whether it's an electrical or mechanical fault so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong section.

My 56 plate c220 started displaying the red dashboard alarm telling me the drivers door is open,
I've tried slamming the door making sure nothings caught in the mechanism and turning the car off and on. No luck, it won't go away.

Attachments

• 1427785803271705345289.jpg
    1427785803271705345289.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Check correct operation of the driver's door courtesy light pin switch. The pin may be faulty leading the car to think the door is open. Do the interior lights go on and off automatically when the driver's door is opened/closed?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The should be the door switch, they can get dislodged on the C class. It could be on the A pillar lower half or just underneath the lock keep on B pillar.

OP
L

louis.swordfish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 c220 sport coupe
Check correct operation of the driver's door courtesy light pin switch. The pin may be faulty leading the car to think the door is open. Do the interior lights go on and off automatically when the driver's door is opened/closed?

Hi and thanks for your reply, No idea what the light pin switch is do you have a picture of one? Yes the lights automatically come on when the door is opened so I've flicked the switch to permanently off for now

OP
L

louis.swordfish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 c220 sport coupe
So I got a friend to show me where the door light pin was and turns out there's a plastic cover that surrounds the door lock mechanism which presses the pin down when the door is closed. This was missing, found it on my drive when I got home and fitted it back on.
Thanks for the replies guys.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have heard it is the seat belt that gets caught up in this and knocks it off.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom