Remapping and insurance angle

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
As an aside, do we know yet which dealer actions might overwrite a map?

My car has had both the Gearbox and ECU software updated by MB, something they did in response to my report of a slight "rattling" sound (similar to that my old Focus made after the DMF was changed but not the thrust bearing) and when I reported a marked drop in economy, despite my driving not having changed.

I do have a feeling that my car has actually been standard for some time, as it doesn't seem to throw me back quite how it used to. Plus it just feels different, though it's difficult to say exactly how However, I rarely get to drive it particularly hard with traffic being how it is these days. This was part of my reason for enquiring a about a "hybrid" map so I can can gain some mpg improvements considering 80% of my driving is light throttle.

@GAD - I have sent you a couple of emails on this topic, would really like to pop by for a chat one day...and maybe get things checked.

Scoob.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
That's very interesting indeed! Like I mentioned we have tuned loads of new VAG cars with no dealer issue? Very strange indeed as this goes for Bentley also!

Scoob I have been looking into blending the maps but with no success! Usually the vehicles gain in mpg after power tuning anyway but have now seen a couple that stay around the same! Our 350cdi is running power software and on a run to say Bristol to see the guys at projex I was getting 54 mpg! !!

Pop me another email maybe we can chat further!!!

Many thanks

P's c350carl thanks for the info I will let my other customers know ;)

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I think it only becomes an issue if, for example, a turbo went pop and they wanted a warranty replacement.

They won't bother if there is no claim being made as the car belongs to the owner not them anymore.

The techs used to say that the vRS should leave the factory like mine was when modified.

As an aside I need to have a chat with you at some point as I'm interested to see what can be done with my 231ps C350 CDI. I have a tuning box but that was only ever an interim solution. I have emailed before but I've had a clear out recently and must have deleted them.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
@c350cdi of course pop me a message anytime ;)

There are so many cars that we tune that I think manufacturers should have released them like this!!! ****** business models ;)

Many thanks

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom