Restricted Revs

John Wilcock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C CLASS 220 CDI
Hello everyone. Was wondering if anyone could help me please. I have a 2005 Mercedes C Class 220 CDI. Over the last month or so it seems to be restricting itself. when I go to accelerate away or overtake its like driving a tractor, no power, changes through the gears at about 2500 revs. Its ok when I first start but the problem happens about 15 mins into a journey, for instance, i slow down to go round a roundabout then accelerate away...... nothing, just plods along. Any help or suggestions would be greatly accepted. Thanks. John

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Sounds like its going into limp home mode. You need to get the codes read on STAR, it could be any number of faults unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum !

Mark

Last edited:
OP
J

John Wilcock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C CLASS 220 CDI
Have taken it to a local garage who puts it on diagnostic but shows no faults. speed sensor?

OP
J

John Wilcock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C CLASS 220 CDI
Thanks for your quick reply

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
You are welcome.

If it wasn't A Mercedes diagnostic machine, then it may not pick up the codes.

It could be anything from air flow sensor to cam sensor to gearbox trouble unfortunately.

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom