s210 Rear Wings

Toby Banks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 cdi estate avantgarde
Good evening.
Earlier this year I bought a S210 E320 CDI Estate. Sorted a few issues ( Gearbox plate , Thermostat etc etc ) and tried to deal with some of the rust issues , with some degree of success. However , there is severe corrosion in the inner rear wings ( where the spare wheel sits and pretty much the same on the opposite side. ) . Clearly it will need the rusty stuff cutting out and replacing with fresh steel. Are there panels available at reasonable cost ( either genuine or aftermarket ) or do I resort to cutting out a good one from a breaker ( they seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo !! ) or do I fabricate one from sheet.

Thanks in anticipation

Toby

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Good evening.
Earlier this year I bought a S210 E320 CDI Estate. Sorted a few issues ( Gearbox plate , Thermostat etc etc ) and tried to deal with some of the rust issues , with some degree of success. However , there is severe corrosion in the inner rear wings ( where the spare wheel sits and pretty much the same on the opposite side. ) . Clearly it will need the rusty stuff cutting out and replacing with fresh steel. Are there panels available at reasonable cost ( either genuine or aftermarket ) or do I resort to cutting out a good one from a breaker ( they seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo !! ) or do I fabricate one from sheet.

Thanks in anticipation

Toby

I have one of these still.

It has had all the parts you mention replaced (By MB but that's another long story)

I would start by pricing up the new parts from MB after a really good inspection.

They, unfortunately, are prone to rot badly in these areas and just about everywhere else, and finding good second-hand ones will be a problem but you never know.

If you strike lucky and find a good one take a cordless angle grinder with a thin cutting disc and overcut it.
Use a flanging tool where you can but it's a tricky shape, good luck.

I have not heard of aftermarket repair panels but who knows there may well be.

Fabricating your own will test your skills :):)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom