Safety Recall

jp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E280 sport estate. Aprilia RSV1000 Tuono, CCM 404, Mk1 le mans
Just received a letter from Mercedes entitle Urgent - Safety Recall:
"The possibility exists that a breakage of the rear axle level sensor linkage may occur."
Goes on about their continued commitment etc etc.
Also includes: "This work will, of course, be carried out free of charge. Whilst your vehicle is with us, we will take the opportunity to ensure that any additional technical upgrades or outstanding service measures are completed."
I am assuming from the above sentence that "any additional technical upgrades or outstanding service measures are completed." will also, of course, be carried out free of charge??
Any comments anyone?
I think maybe my gearbox needs updating as first to second is not smooth and I read somewhere on here it was a software issue.
A few other niggly little things.
Should I insist that they sort everything as recompense for the inconvenience?
Or will they present me with a massive bill??
Anyone had a recall?

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
I expect they will just do normal software upgrades FOC as they would do at service time....but why not ask them?:lol:

MarkSSL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass E320CDi Avantgarde Estate 2008
Me too

I've had the same letter. I think my sensor is broken as the rear end skips out over manhole covers etc and generally feels hard.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom