Service Advise

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 Avantgarde 2000
The A service due date on my W210 2001 320CDI (94000 miles) has passed by 26 days and I'm not sure whether to use the indi or main dealer.

The dealer wants £249 + £90 air filter+£65 fuel filter= Total £404

I was thinking as they are not covering the rust problems ( Even the work they've done before) on older cars any more is it worth spending this much on what is just an oil change.

The indi wants £180 +other extras if necessary.

The car has a full MB history.

Can anyone help me decide?

Thanks.

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
Go Indy. You won't get anything from MB at that age.

£90 for an air filter???? Ludicrous!

MB-Car-Tech

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 230K - SOLD now running E320T CDI
Obviously I am going to say this but.

You do not get value for money by putting it back to the Dealer. It will make no difference to the sell on value of the car.

What I would say is, if you go indie then please make sure that Mercedes parts are used, the correct grade of Engine oil is used and get a Mercedes Service Sheet detailing the work carried out.

In my experience this is as good if not better that going to dealer.

Also you know if it goes in then there will be that dreaded phone call for all the extras..

This is what i am finding main dealer offer a very low quote for servicing and thats just to get the car on their site and then the big HIT !!!

lulu

Reaction score
Rhetorical question?

Less than half price to have it done by someone who's got more interest in doing a good job, rather than a simple low paid employee with no real interest in whether you get home, let alone whether you come back again.

A car that age will sell on condition, not the stamp in the book.
(If anything, an idie stamp will show that the owner's no bird-brain and has sound economic sense.)

OP
Bluegrass

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was thinking of using the indie. Just wanted some assurance from wiser heads.

Is the Mobilo worth anything? I wouldn't be using the main dealer for repairs in the event of a breakdown any way.

stickandrudder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
lots
Mobilo is a trick.
All it offers is a "free" recovery service but they will only take you to a main dealer, where they'll make sure they recover their recovery costs!
Join the AA/RAC etc.

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
yonksago I eeded an aflter for my 210 e320, Halfords didnt have them in tok so went to MB got the OEM part for about £28 from memory, it was a couple of quid cheaper.

£90 ??? something wrong there ??

OP
Bluegrass

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just had the A service at the indie.

A service (Mobil 1) + air filter £182

Gearbox oil change £124.70

He changed the air filter because it had not been changed at previous B & A services at the dealer.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom