ServiceCare Issue

smithn33

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A200 2014
Hi, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this ServiceCare issue. Received email from Mercedes highlighting my next service is already covered (see screenshot attached). Thought great I still have a service available on my plan. So made the booking online with my local dealer, who have used before, along with a MOT:

“Your car is due for a service soon. As a ServiceCare customer, the cost of your service is already covered, including parts and labour.
All you need to do is book a time that's convenient to you”
7F6067BD-953A-4414-A83F-B3F7AE6FA985.jpeg

They collected the car from my home and kept me updated during the day. Then once all done, are trying to charge me for the service which my email detailed was already covered. Happy to pay for the MOT etc. but disputing the service charges.
They directed me to the bottom on the email which says:

“A current ServiceCare Plan must be in place for this vehicle for the servicing costs to be covered. Please confirm status of ServiceCare Plan at time of booking. Terms and Conditions apply. To find out more please visit our website”.
1422AA0B-8E0F-421E-BA8A-52C390D727B5.jpeg

However in the email text there is no * or reference that there is any further information.

Tried forwarding the email to them but say it’s not been received. Due to being late in the day they have now kept my car over the weekend and have to wait until Monday to continue conversations.

Any advice from experience when dealing with such issues?

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
The first screenshot telling you that a service was due soon is dated more than six months ago , is it possible your "plan" has expired or the service is six months late which is possibly the reason that you are being charged ?

Did you confirm if the service was "chargeable"(or not) when you booked it , being that it was six months overdue ?

K

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I have noticed a number of new registrations on this site recently.
In most cases they have not properly introduced themselves and and are asking for help in a certain area with their very first post.
We answer and some try to help, but bizarrely the person is never seen or heard from again.
I will treat this post at face value however.

There is missing information in the original post - specifically when was the service carried out, but assume it was done yesterday due to car being kept over the weekend.
It has already been pointed out that the email is 6 months old.

It is strange that a person would be unaware that they have a current ServiceCare plan, highlighted by the fact you said "Thought great I still have a service available on my plan"
I have a ServiceCare plan and yes I received a reminder that my service was due, but this came from the dealer I bought my car from and not Mercedes directly.
Initially my dealer does not know I have a ServiceCare plan until it is confirmed at time of booking.

Last edited:

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Yes many people pop up the forum and on the other side w/o any intro to vent a problem and looking for some direction. Sometimes they get the answer by reading and never post back.

I see also often on this forum where the above occurs, many posters simply don't reply.

The internet makes it easy (and it does) for people to be rather blunt and avoid "social etiquette".

Aside

In this case the OP needs to read the T and C of his plan simples.

Last edited:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I would say the dealer should have got authorisation from ServiceCare that the cost would be covered before they went ahead. I'd be surprised if they cant do that with an instant online check.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I think the original e mail was misleading (deliberately?), but the OP should have been aware how many services he paid for and how many he has had. If in doubt, always best to double check before hand- certainly where MB dealers are concerned. It will be interesting to hear the outcome, but we probably won't.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My guess is the plan expired. As i recall must be serviced within 6 months of end of plan. So although the service light may not show up, one needs to get car serviced earlier.

So email came 6 months ago at ending pf care plan.
Car service light comes up 7 months.

Then you are out.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
As the replies above note, the email was dated 9th Dec 2020. If you don't take up the service within 6 months, it has expired.
The service you have now had is not covered under the plan and is payable.
Harsh but its the rules you agree to when you sign the service contract.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Poor management by the OP.
That said looking forward to what (s)he comes cack with on Monday.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom