1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sh*t start to my holiday

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by Jimbo1959, Jul 20, 2020.

1. OP
    Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, fast, smooth, comfortable, what more does one need?
    The car went to the bodyshop today and surprisingly they left me a Seat Leon as my courtesy car. I must admit to being pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a Corsa or something equally low spec as my run around, however the Leon is not to bad at all. It's quiet, nippy enough and has a DAB stereo unit fitted, all I need to put up with is paying for the petrol.:D

They reckon it'll take a week to ten days to do, mainly due to them being at 70% staff rate and the back log of work that, that has created. :)

I asked if they could give me an estimate for powder coating the other three alloys too, instead of just the one which was damaged. That way they'll all turn out the same colour, and prevent my guy trying to get a match with the remaining three. I could get the four of them done trade through my contacts for £266. If they are even slightly close, £300 ish for the three, I'll get them to do it, I might even go to £400 for the three to save mucking about and to get the match that I would like. ;) :D

I was very close to being able to afford my remap there too, typical. :rolleyes:

s5tuart, SmartAmg and vtaylor78 like this.
  2. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    How could you possible be in the wrong? Short of drifting your car sideways down the road, how could you hit his car with the side of yours? :confused:

3. OP
    Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, fast, smooth, comfortable, what more does one need?
    His opinion is that I was going too fast, and, cut the corner/lane despite the hostile witness who also thought I was going too fast when I passed her 1/2 a mile earlier, saying I stayed in my own lane and he turned into me. Something he also admitted at the time.

I think "stubborn old boy" is the polite expression, apparently I was not allowed to pass him on the nearside lane when he was, as of the last time I saw the back of his car, indicating his intention to turn right and then changed lanes mid roundabout, without the diligence of the appropriate "due care and attention".

He said that he had indicated his intention to turn left but how he expected me to see this when I was alongside him I'll never know, the wonderful thing is that the witness said she did not see him indicate in either direction. Ok, my car may have obscurred the view, when the right indicator was flashing, (which my wife did see and can and will corroberate). However we were side by side when he alledged his indication for the left lane and said witness saw nothing except, him turning into me.

I'm looking forward to my day in court as any decent solicitor will tear him to shreds, with the witness statement available.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    EmilysDad likes this.