SL350 R230 Door Mirror Repeater Light

Jonathan Schofield

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Estate 2016
My wife's R230 SL350 has failed the MOT due to a non working repeater light in the offside door mirror. Guess what! Can't get one anywhere and with most of the dealers closed due to this Covid-19 thingy I am unable to source one. The garage says the colour is immaterial as we only need the internal LED fitting.

Now I know that Boris has allowed MOT's to be suspended but she is unable to Tax the thing without a valid MOT...

Any one know who might have one, new or secondhand. I have tried that scrapyard site but no joy as yet.

Thanks

Jonathan

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
is it the unit at fault or the wiring to it? It seems that most of the indicator repeater faults are a break in the wiring to the mirror due to continually folding & un-folding :confused:

OP
Jonathan Schofield

Jonathan Schofield

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Estate 2016
That's a good question! I am only going on what the garage have told me and they are quite good. However they did say that it is a regular Mercedes fault in their experience.

Is there a fairly simple way to check? I'm not too bad at taking things apart, putting them back together is a different matter.

Jonathan

OP
Jonathan Schofield

Jonathan Schofield

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 Estate 2016
Yes, the setting is for it to fold every time the car is locked. Same on my other Merc too.

So is it easy to check this? I have some time on my hands at the moment. :)

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Yes, the setting is for it to fold every time the car is locked. Same on my other Merc too.

So is it easy to check this? I have some time on my hands at the moment. :)

You could remove the repeater from the mirror & try it on its own

There must be a You Tube clip showing how to remove it & also for the mirror to check its wiring

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom