So you think you are safe after 3 weeks do you ? You are NOT !!

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Simon

Why am I doing the research that you are perfectly capable of doing for yourself.....I decided that Dosco's suggestion, however definitive it may be, would be unlikely to serve you well since it would be a few weeks before you got the answer.

Another site:

http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/procedure/notice_of_intended_prosecution.htm

Still 14 days.

Mic

Thank you for that Mic..
My NIP says the following:
At 20.06 on 02/09/2010 at A591 the motorvehicle XXXXX exeeded the restricted speed Blah, Blah..
Underneathe the heading Notice of intended Prosecution it has the date 29/10/10
That actually makes it just over 10 weeks ago.
Is it worth asking the CAB ?

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Simon

Why am I doing the research that you are perfectly capable of doing for yourself.....I decided that Dosco's suggestion, however definitive it may be, would be unlikely to serve you well since it would be a few weeks before you got the answer.

Another site:

http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/procedure/notice_of_intended_prosecution.htm

Still 14 days.

Mic

Hi Mic (and all),
The 14 day rule does indeed apply BUT unfortunately I may have a complication..
Remember I had only had the car for 1 day when I got zapped...
See below:
http://www.pepipoo.com/images/Staffs_14_day_rule.jpg

The cops only have to post to the keeper on the log book..
That means i would not be notified because I didnt recieve the log book in my name for 3 weeks..
Oh well..
Thank you all for your advice anyway.
S.

Last edited:

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Hi Mic (and all),
See below:

The cops only have to posed to the keeper on the log book..
That means i would not be notified because I didnt recieve the log book in my name for 3 weeks..
Oh well..
S.

So much for information technology.

Mic

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
Hi Mic (and all),
See below:

The cops only have to post to the keeper on the log book..
Oh well..
S.

That probably explains why it's taken so long then

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Hello Simon,

Very sorry to hear your news but I sure do hope the 14 day rule is correct. 6 months for a summons puts me in the firing line along with Alfiebeard.

As a consolation, with a name like S.Speed you could look upon it as a badge of honour - perhaps appending a small but distinctive X on your driver's door like the WW2 pilots used to do. :)

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
think how many times have you got away with speeding........

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
think how many times have you got away with speeding........

"Speeding"...
What a nice emotive term for the authorities to try to alienate "normal" driving behaviour with..
Its all relative of course..
The little pratt that screams around here with his mates at 70 or 80mph could realistically be accused of going too fast for the conditions..
I actually dont think of my self as "Speeding" when doing 49mph on a main dual carriageway with a solid centre reserve..
One of the few useless things I learnt on a previous "Speed awareness" course was that "A dual carriageway is 60mph unless it has a solid centre barrier in which case it is the national limit (70mph)"..
So the road was built for much faster speeds than I was going..
Then we get the revenue generators which have the idea of putting cameras all over roads that are perfectly safe as they were..

I will do the course to save the points THATS ALL!!
I shall take away nothing and "Learn" nothing. To learn from ones punishment one has to admit one was wrong... I DO NOT !
As I said at the first post on this thread.. Its now a rather sad little country !

Last edited:

350_Coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C350 SE Auto Coupe
i got one of those "speed awareness" courses a couple of years back, kept 3 points off my license which was a bonus, but in anticipation of that i had already checked with my insurance regarding their policy on points, and the guy said "basically, everyone has points from those dam cameras come back to us when you hit 6 or more, if it's only 3 we dont give a stuff" .... LOL

the one memorable bit from the whole boring day, (and yes it really is from like 8:30 through to 4 or 5pm) ... was when the guy lecturing asked everyone "so in which type of area/environment do most road fatalities occur?" ... after the usual motorways, country roads etc i got bored and and threw out the answer he was looking for (urban areas/cities etc) just so we could move on, his reply was of course, "correct.... there are more people killed on our roads in slower speed limit areas such as cities and built up areas and the reason is the majority are pedestrians" (btw..... EVERYONE on my course had been caught doing between 34 and 39 in a 30 zone, not ONE was over 40mph, or caught in ANY OTHER speed limit zone !)

so he then goes prattling on about how pedestrians are the biggest victims of speeding etc etc, and then asks "how can we reduce or keep this number ot a minimum" ...... oh man, what a question.... he was NOT prepared for the answer, so i threw it out there before he even had the chance to say another word ... "KEEP THE BL00DY PEDESTRIANS OFF THE ROADS" .... that was the only time in the entire day that the entire class seemed to be awake, indicated by the 5 minutes of sniggering that went on !

His reply was, oh but thats not the answer the answer is to slow down, my reply was "well if it's not the answer then why do the likes of nottingham, oxford, london, and many other areas now fence off the roads to keep the dosey pedestrians on the path while they stroll along paying more attention to their mobile phone than where they are going, or why said places now have pedestrian only zones" ...... his response... lets move on to the next topic shall we .... hahahahaha queue more sniggering from the others there.

basically, the course taught me one thing, and one thing only... ALWAYS use the curse control in 30 mph zones !

trapperjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 300D 24v,
ALWAYS use the curse control in 30 mph zones !

I'm always cursing in a 30mph zone:)

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
hi in kuwait you can get speeding ticket after year that how slow it is.But one thing they do which they should do over here in uk is you can check on website and it will tell you if got any speeding tickets

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
But one thing they do which they should do over here in uk is you can check on website and it will tell you if got any speeding tickets

Yes we have a similar website here

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
So I've just discovered I was caught doing 34.2 in 30 limit, local too.

Hey, WHAT, WHEN.........................nice,

I'll pass the website link to my 'friends'.

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
Thank you for that Mic..
My NIP says the following:
At 20.06 on 02/09/2010 at A591 the motorvehicle XXXXX exeeded the restricted speed Blah, Blah..
Underneathe the heading Notice of intended Prosecution it has the date 29/10/10
That actually makes it just over 10 weeks ago.
Is it worth asking the CAB ?

10 weeks Simon ???? i would consider buying a real calander (or have i overslept by 2 weeks)

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i got one of those "speed awareness" courses a couple of years back, kept 3 points off my license which was a bonus, but in anticipation of that i had already checked with my insurance regarding their policy on points, and the guy said "basically, everyone has points from those dam cameras come back to us when you hit 6 or more, if it's only 3 we dont give a stuff" .... LOL

the one memorable bit from the whole boring day, (and yes it really is from like 8:30 through to 4 or 5pm) ... was when the guy lecturing asked everyone "so in which type of area/environment do most road fatalities occur?" ... after the usual motorways, country roads etc i got bored and and threw out the answer he was looking for (urban areas/cities etc) just so we could move on, his reply was of course, "correct.... there are more people killed on our roads in slower speed limit areas such as cities and built up areas and the reason is the majority are pedestrians" (btw..... EVERYONE on my course had been caught doing between 34 and 39 in a 30 zone, not ONE was over 40mph, or caught in ANY OTHER speed limit zone !)

so he then goes prattling on about how pedestrians are the biggest victims of speeding etc etc, and then asks "how can we reduce or keep this number ot a minimum" ...... oh man, what a question.... he was NOT prepared for the answer, so i threw it out there before he even had the chance to say another word ... "KEEP THE BL00DY PEDESTRIANS OFF THE ROADS" .... that was the only time in the entire day that the entire class seemed to be awake, indicated by the 5 minutes of sniggering that went on !

His reply was, oh but thats not the answer the answer is to slow down, my reply was "well if it's not the answer then why do the likes of nottingham, oxford, london, and many other areas now fence off the roads to keep the dosey pedestrians on the path while they stroll along paying more attention to their mobile phone than where they are going, or why said places now have pedestrian only zones" ...... his response... lets move on to the next topic shall we .... hahahahaha queue more sniggering from the others there.

basically, the course taught me one thing, and one thing only... ALWAYS use the curse control in 30 mph zones !

Thank you very much for your response.
Its quite refreshing to find someone on my wavelength.
Thank you.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Hi Simon

I too had a similar experience last year. Last Jan I was zapped doing 36 in a 30 zone in my mrs new car which we had purchased off someone a few weeks before. It wasnt until the June I had the NIP.

If I remember rightly the NIP says that they must prosecute you within 14 days of the offence or if the vehicle is not registered to you the must produce, in their own words, "reasonable dilligence" in tracing the owner.

Well I had the V5 sent by the DVLA in early February. I wrote a letter back to the scamwatch team basically saying that I dont think that 5 months is reasonable dilligence given that it wouldnt be that hard to recheck 2 weeks later then it would show I was now the registered keeper. I enclosed a copy of the V5 as proof and said that I would happy to go to court for them to prove to me they have shown reasonable dilligence.

I have heard nothing since. I would call their bluff, your just a number on a system, when you send it back and question the time of the NIP no judge would honour it or give it time of day in a court room.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom