Sounds a bit ><(((:>

Graza

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
avantgarde 270
Hi All, please can someone help?

I recently bought a 2005 Mercedes-Benz E270 CDI Avantgarde with 120,000 on the clock.

Here's the problem. It's been bellowing out black smoke from the exhaust since i got it and the engine warning light has recently come on.
I had a mechanic run a diagnostic on it and he decided to replace the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. Unfortunately the problem's persisted.

After a subsequent check he's informed me that he thinks the turbo is leaking oil onto the manifold which in turn is producing the black smoke.
Numerous people have brought it to my attention whilst driving and i have now received a letter from Driving Vehicle Standards asking me to pop it down. (Bt the way does anyone know what the emissions law is in uk)?

does anyone have an opinion on this, does it sound plausible? If so can anyone give me a ball park figure on what the think it would cost to rectify the problem.
I understand this would be difficult to do without seeing the car, but just a rough idea will help me decide which route to go down.

Many thanks and i look forward to hearing from ya'll

Graham Kenny

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Very possible. And worth repairing.
Do you have a good local friendly mechanic?
Not one who'll take advantage.
A dealer repair would be thousands.

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
Oil - bluish/grey smoke, water - white smoke, unburnt - black smoke. So you have problem with sufficient boost pressure I assume. Check turbo hoses (splitters, fittings), you may also try hearing whooshing/whistling sounds... or the turbo VNT actuator may have been jammed too. Have you checked function of intake manifold flaps (should not produce heavy smoke but some yes).

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom