speedtronic problem

marco007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 270 2003
Ok, so I was in a traffic jam and was fiddling about going through the menu and settings on my CLK 270 2003 and got to set max speed for winter tyres clicked on yes come out of the menu and cant get back into it. Trouble is now I have the yellow ring around the speedo dial and the speedtronic will not turn off and I cant use the cruise. Tried every combination to get back int the menu to turn off but it has disapeard !
Anybody help ? Ta

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have got to get back to that menu to turn it off, the key must be turned to 1

OP
M

marco007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 270 2003
Thanks Malcom but the section of the menu I require is not there anymore. I must of scrolled through it dozens of times, weird !:(

Michael_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Sport 2007
At a standstill is it not possible to reset all the settings? I may be going mad but kind of remember a option to reset the settings in the whole menus by holding down the reset/trip button on that first screen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cby_JvEDp9A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

On the adjust settings at standstill, press and hold trip to reset settings?

Would that work or help? Might be a similar option on your dash?

Last edited:
OP
M

marco007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 270 2003
Thanks Michael, tried all that stuff, no good also menu different from youtube clip, :(

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Strange.

Even if I set the max speed for winter tyres, I can still use the CC (speedtronic).

I wonder if you have set the speed limiter, which you can't use with CC. Both operate from the CC stalk, not the menu.

Just a thought.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In my car it has to be done with the key turned to 1

OP
M

marco007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 270 2003
Thanks for the replies but it wont turn off from the stalk like it should, the main thing is its no longer in the menu to turn on or turn off max speed for winter tyres. I have tried no 1 and no 2 position and tried it with engine on still will not come up on menu. I have reset within menu, still no luck. The option in the menu has disappeared. Still wont give up yet its become my new hobby !! ha ha

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the replies but it wont turn off from the stalk like it should, the main thing is its no longer in the menu to turn on or turn off max speed for winter tyres. I have tried no 1 and no 2 position and tried it with engine on still will not come up on menu. I have reset within menu, still no luck. The option in the menu has disappeared. Still wont give up yet its become my new hobby !! ha ha

Would you like me to pop down with a warm drink say 2am :D

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

But it doesn't turn off from the stalk...just from the menus accessed by the steering wheel buttons.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom