Squeaking (sounds like Chewbacca) from brakes in reverse

DANNYC113

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 a class
Hello, I have a 68 plate a class, after 6 months of buying the car brand new, i started getting a horrible squeaking noise coming from the breaks but only in reverse. When taking it to the dealer they said that they will change the breaks as they are not sure what is making the noise and if it happens again, i was to send it back to them so they can put it down in their TIPPS database... 9 months later it happened again, but a lot louder, to the point it is waking my neighbours children. when i took it back to them they said they cant wont change the breaks again as it is a wear and tear item. when speaking to one of the members of staff they said this happens on all Mercedes. ive argued to the point that they have offered to change the breaks as a gesture of goodwill but i have said i would like them to look into why this keeps happening which they are refusing to do.

i was wondering if anyone else has had these issues and have any idea what it could be?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Badly adjusted parking brake shoes at a guess. I’ve not had it happen to any of my (now 5) Mercedes.

OP
D

DANNYC113

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 a class
yeah its weird. ill be driving and its fine, and then when i try to reverse (only in reverse) into a space its starts making an awful noise. i would attach a video but i don't think you can on this. nobody knows what it is and because its not a common fault, they wont look into it, just keep changing the pads. and the fact the woman at Mercedes said all hers have done it surprised me. so i'm glad it isn't a common thing that happens to all Mercedes haha

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom