Starter motor wiring (diagram), om646.963 C220 engine, S203 model

Liam Stewart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2007 C220 sport A CDI
People!!!!!
Urgent help needed.
I was just about to re install the new starter motor and decided to check the wiring with a meter to make sure 12Volts was still getting to the terminals. I remember taking off three terminals however that has now foxed me because surely the earth is via the casing of the motor? If anyone has access to the wiring diagram for this area that would be awesome. Obviously there is a connection from the battery, then the wiring from the ignition key, so what would be the third connection be? And should I only be seeing 12Volts from one wire? As I’m not seeing 12Volts from the fuse terminated wire. Thus the wiring diagram would be really useful,.....Please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello I’ve got a massive drain coming from the battery through the big starter cable, when I removed the connection from the starter it’s still there. When I check at the alternator there’s nothing. Any idea what’s in between the starter and the alternator? I’ll do a continuity check tomorrow see if the piggybacked big cable actually goes from the starter to the alternator. It’s very hard to access.
S203 c220 cdi 2007. Any assistance much appreciated.

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
Hello I’ve got a massive drain coming from the battery through the big starter cable, when I removed the connection from the starter it’s still there. When I check at the alternator there’s nothing. Any idea what’s in between the starter and the alternator? I’ll do a continuity check tomorrow see if the piggybacked big cable actually goes from the starter to the alternator. It’s very hard to access.
S203 c220 cdi 2007. Any assistance much appreciated.

Yes it is very hard to access. I seem to remember that the large cable goes directly to the alternator, but that was when I was working on that car in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom