Taken the plunge just bought an ML

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
Well after faffing about for a while I have finally taken the plunge and bought a 2009 ML 350 SE, should get it next tuesday Yahoo !

be prepared for

Silly questions

uninteresting but proud photos

silly questions

I cant wait!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well done and a nice choice, thats going to be the longest week of your life :D

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
Congrats

Dream a bit about them, but too big for every day use and cost of fuel - I live in london.

Have a Grand Cherokee but only use on the w/e's or trips.

Recently, been thinking hard replacing my 2007 C Class Avtg with a Ford Kuga sized SUV, but Merc does nothing

Our son recently bought a E Class 2 door 350 - I was well impressed by the Sat nav , the screen size, the way the directions were displayed on the dash and radio search thing - this impressed me to an extent that I may stay with Merc but not ML but poss another C Class or E

Good luck with your car

:)

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Btw, re the Ford Kuga and Merc doing something similar size. When we were in California earlier this year, me and my son had to do a double take when we saw a GLK parked up by some shops. We wrongly assumed it was a Korean car badged up as a MB, but then a few days later checked the net, its a real MB but does not look like it and never seen one in the uk.

OP
C

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
I have bought it as a company car replacement I need 4WD and high ground clearance for work and was offered a Pick up but as I do 40k /year and only need 4wd and clearance for the last 3 miles of any journey did not want to be saddled with leaf springs and rubbish ride, the car also doubles as my office once on site, so the merc has better fuel consumption than pickup, better driving experience, better client facing image, is less stressful to drive and will be worth more when it comes to sell. I have in the past used Range Rover and Discoveries, Volvo, and BMW products.

RR and disco were too unreliable, BMW was hateful, Volvo was great But after 5 years I needed a change, I hope the merc has the presence of the RR and the reliability and longevity of the Volvo, we shall see.

I went through a quite hard headed decision process to arrive at the Merc, and it was a close run thing between it and the Volvo, but the Merc being nicer to drive took the first place, I am a cynical old bu**er but I must admit to being quite excited!

Plus my wife likes it so it cant be all bad can it !

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
Ive had an ML350 for 12 months, hasnt put a foot wrong. Hope you enjoy it!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Congrats

Dream a bit about them, but too big for every day use

Our son recently bought a E Class 2 door 350 - - this impressed me to an extent that I may stay with Merc but not ML but poss another C Class or E

Good luck with your car

:)

Well you may get a surprise as the ML is a good bit shorter than an E class.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Well after faffing about for a while I have finally taken the plunge and bought a 2009 ML 350 SE, should get it next tuesday Yahoo !

be prepared for

Silly questions

uninteresting but proud photos

silly questions

I cant wait!

Great cars. We have almost reached 3 years old and 36,000 miles. Remarkably trouble free. We get about 25mpg locally and 33mpg on a run cruising close to the legal limit.

OP
C

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
just called in to the local dealer to "check something on the car" and have just realised that it does not have a spare wheel, how can I at reasonable cost provide a spare wheel for this I am assuming a spacesaver steel wheel.

Rockall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many
Good luck with your new purchase

You stated "I need 4WD and high ground clearance for work". I bought a 2001 ML which came with 16" wheels at the beginning of the year. I need plenty of ground clearance as I am in the quarry business so immediately fitted the 17" wheels from the facelifted 2002 model - still poor clearance compared to my previous Landcrusier. I am also fitting a home made steel belly plate - too may electronics that could get damaged. Otherwise I am very pleased with the car and I am aware that your has substantial improvements over the 163 model. Good luck with it.
Regards
Bill

OP
C

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
yes I accept not really "off road" however about 39500 miles of my 40k/year will be on tarmac and my last car Volvo xc70 performed very well, so i dont anticipate any issues, I am assuming that whatever wheel size the rolling radius will be the same as the profile drops, I am looking for great on road comfort with ground clearence

it will be interesting to see if I have chosen correctly.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
just called in to the local dealer to "check something on the car" and have just realised that it does not have a spare wheel, how can I at reasonable cost provide a spare wheel for this I am assuming a spacesaver steel wheel.

I would ask the seller to provide. Worth a try as they come with a spacesaver spare wheel under the boot floor. If not, they are available from dealers and not that expensive as steel. Or perhaps e-bay?

Last edited:

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well you may get a surprise as the ML is a good bit shorter than an E class.

Yes, true, but the ML is boxy, just like the Grand Jeep I have.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Yes, true, but the ML is boxy, just like the Grand Jeep I have.

But not too big for everyday use. Takes a smaller parking spot than an E class. We use ours every day with no problems.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom