tappet noise merc e280 cdi

zaidmemon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes e280 cdi
Hi all, i am from India, i just bought a Mercedes e 280 cdi, 66k kms run. I am facing some noise problem inside the car in idle position and also in running. I m really bugged up by this noise. After opening the engine cover, i found the noise coming from exactly top of engine on the right side. this is some kind of tappet noise or injector. however the car's acceleration and running is extremely fine.

Please help me in this regard. thanks and regards.

Zaid
India.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you saying that the "tappet noise" is audible inside the car? Is this with the windows closed?

Some cars do have noisey injectors. Have you tried placing one end of a long screwdriver against parts of the engine and the other to your ear as a primitive stethscope to try and locate the noise more accurately?

Does the ticking increase in frequency with engine speed?

What condition is the oil like, if you look inside the oil filler spout (with the engine not running obviously)?

Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
The OM642 engine does make a ticking noise, they all do that, its an extremely tappety sounding engine....

However, if the noise is excessive it will be the front engine bearing. Big job in time, cheap part

OP
Z

zaidmemon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes e280 cdi
hi brandwooddixon

Thanks for replying, yes that noise is audible inside the cabin when the windows are closed. i already did that screwdriver thing and yes that noise is coming from the exact right side of the engine when facing the car and the tickling noise increases with the increase in the speed of the engine. but however that noise is more like "gad gad" inside the cabin when the windows are closed. I don't know about the oil quality, but the engine oil level is fine.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom