Tell me True

Splatt

Reaction score
I have been looking to buy a new CLC 180 Komp. Have been for a test run in an ES which felt OK but the pain indoors is pushing for the sport model. My worry is that the dealer does not have a sport available as a demonstrator and it concerns me that with the stiffer and lowered suspension sitting on 35 aspect rubber, wether this is going to give a rough ride.
Is anyone running one of these and able to give me an opinion please.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
I took a new C Class sport out on test drive to compare it with a new C Class SE and I found the sport a fair bit harder ride and not really for me .If your spending around 20K plus I would seek out and find a sport to test drive as you will be annoyed with yourself if you are constantly niggled in the future by the hard ride.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
Sorry not running one but like gre1951 I took out both an elegance and a sport C class and the sport was way too hard.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I took a new C Class sport out on test drive to compare it with a new C Class SE and I found the sport a fair bit harder ride and not really for me .If your spending around 20K plus I would seek out and find a sport to test drive as you will be annoyed with yourself if you are constantly niggled in the future by the hard ride.

A very sensible view. The roads of our once great country are not as fault free as one would like - and in hard suspension you are reminded of that continuously.

I think there is much to be said for cars in fairly standard spec. I think lowering, stiffening suspension and fitting larger diameter wheels with lower profile tyres alters a car cosmetically, but I find the standard car does the job equally well. I have yet to be embarrassed by any lack of traction or adhesion on standard wheels and tyres and even well over the speed limits in the UK, standard suspension and tyres get you round corners unspectacularly.

And think of the money I must have saved over the years!

"Boring of Broom".

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
A very sensible view. The roads of our once great country are not as fault free as one would like - and in hard suspension you are reminded of that continuously.

I think there is much to be said for cars in fairly standard spec. I think lowering, stiffening suspension and fitting larger diameter wheels with lower profile tyres alters a car cosmetically, but I find the standard car does the job equally well. I have yet to be embarrassed by any lack of traction or adhesion on standard wheels and tyres and even well over the speed limits in the UK, standard suspension and tyres get you round corners unspectacularly.

And think of the money I must have saved over the years!

"Boring of Broom".

Agreed. My A150 Classic SE is bog standard - 15" steel wheels,no alloys, no sports suspension - and the ride is acceptable. Just about any variation from this would IMO push it over the edge,though I imagine the C with longer wheel base would be more forgiving. It is noticeable that many late model cars offered by MB dealers are of the sport variety which suggests that some owners initially going for looks/image end up being concerned about comfort issues.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom