Tesco Insurance

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Changed to Tesco today!

Coincidentally I have decided to change my insurance to Tesco today. I have been insured with Zurich through Chris Knott; I didn't have any problems and they paid out fefficiently or a claim I had about 4 months ago. I was expecting the renewal to be more because of the claim, but Zurich wanted double this time plus £550 total excess and they weren't prepared to protect my NCB anymore.

On Tesco I was able to get the same cover with only £200 total excess, and protected NCB for over £200 less than with Zurich, so no contest there!

Interestingly, Zurich want to take into account any claims within the last 5 years wheras Tesco only consider those within the last 3 years. This makes a difference for me as I have a claim from 4 years ago as well as the most recent - this is probably what makes Tesco cheaper?

Dave

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
Coincidentally I have decided to change my insurance to Tesco today. I have been insured with Zurich through Chris Knott; I didn't have any problems and they paid out fefficiently or a claim I had about 4 months ago. I was expecting the renewal to be more because of the claim, but Zurich wanted double this time plus £550 total excess and they weren't prepared to protect my NCB anymore.

On Tesco I was able to get the same cover with only £200 total excess, and protected NCB for over £200 less than with Zurich, so no contest there!

Interestingly, Zurich want to take into account any claims within the last 5 years wheras Tesco only consider those within the last 3 years. This makes a difference for me as I have a claim from 4 years ago as well as the most recent - this is probably what makes Tesco cheaper?

Dave

Deejaybee - did you get your Tesco quote online with gocompare? Incidentally just had a quote from Saga and they are 15% more than RAC!

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Survey, I originally looked for quotes through Confused which indicated that Tesco was the best overall deal for me in terms of cost and level of excess. I did the final arrangement directly with Tesco thro' Tesco.com. There insurance questionaire is quite brief and you also get additional discount if you are a Tesco Clubcard holder - it wasn't painful at all! The only thing I found is that there system didn't pick up all the model details correctly from my reg number, but this was easily clarified and corrected with a phone call.

Dave

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
I went direct to the Tesco site, renewal was £325 (not counting the £40 cashback, really equivalent to £285)

AXA were £236 for the same cover/excess etc. (Saga were £675, they didn't like the fact that I do over 30,000 miles per year).

I think Saga expect their oldies to be dozing in their armchairs at home, not spending hours a day on busy roads during the rush hours.

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Tesco were 2nd best value for me. Beaten by Privilege by £50.

Cheapest quote was £685, most expensive £11,850.

This is for 38yo with clean licence living in East London. 11 years NCB (protected) and a fault claim last month (first for 21 years)

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
I went direct to the Tesco site, renewal was £325 (not counting the £40 cashback, really equivalent to £285)

AXA were £236 for the same cover/excess etc. (Saga were £675, they didn't like the fact that I do over 30,000 miles per year).

I think Saga expect their oldies to be dozing in their armchairs at home, not spending hours a day on busy roads during the rush hours.

Duncanh - My mileage now is c. 10K p.a. and Saga are still expensive! They used to be competitive and are supposed to be for the 50+ people but I think they trade on that yet fail to eliver the savings that us safer 50+ drivers deserve!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom