That it, I've had it with ebay!

OP
N

NJB379

Reaction score
It's all over.The car has now gone and is off to Poland for restoration. Expect to see this car back for sale mid to late summer. If they do a good job I've asked for first refusal to buy it back.

Thanks to all.
Neill

Ian Brown

Banned
Reaction score
NJB379 said:
It's all over.The car has now gone and is off to Poland for restoration. Expect to see this car back for sale mid to late summer. If they do a good job I've asked for first refusal to buy it back.

Thanks to all.
Neill

You should have asked them to join the forum and post some pictures, when they are restoring it. Or are they already a member.

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
Phew, would have been a great shame if this car was stripped and sold.

I'm tempted myself, I just don't have anywhere to park it.

OP
N

NJB379

Reaction score
No I don't think they are members but I've sent them a link and ask them to join as I too would like to see the progress they make.

I'm just glad I didn't have to send it to the scap yard, that would have really hurt.

Regards

Neill

davebox

Reaction score
Website
www.herbaldavesplace.co.uk
NJB379 said:
No I don't think they are members but I've sent them a link and ask them to join as I too would like to see the progress they make.

I'm just glad I didn't have to send it to the scap yard, that would have really hurt.

Regards

Neill

If I had the time and space! Oh you know how it goes. I'm glad that it's up for restoration, I have a love for all things merc and even though Ive only owned my c220D for six months My love has grown into looking at older models with a lust that only grows every time I pick up a mag with models such as 190's 280's and all those three pointed symbols of German pride. I will own more when the time and cash allow and would love to see the restoration pictures if at all pos.

Best wishes to the new owner :p

velosolex50

Reaction score
Glad it went to a good home. It would have been too sad to have to scrap it. I remember how relieved I was when someone bought (to restore) my beloved old Alfasud that I had had for 15 yrs from new.
Why Poland I wonder? Is it personal contact or low labour cost? Could I send my old Jag!?
Huw
1990 w126

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am also very pleased that the car is going to a good home, their wages are so low in poland. I wonder if they want the parts as the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

malcolm

OP
N

NJB379

Reaction score
Cheap labour was the key to Poland. The Guys who bought mine have found some guys, three brothers I think they said, who do all the work themselves. Now I am only passing on what they told me and the figure they talked about to having the car back in virtual showroom condition including interior was £2K and no they would not tell me who they were. I will wait until I have seen the finished article until I pass judgement value for money.

mercmonkey

Reaction score
theres a lot of people doing that these days, the only word of warning is tho, you have little or no comeback if things go wrong, and also there have been stories of cars dissapearing, and being in poland its not somewhere you can just pop in to check on progress

joeywarren

Reaction score
Not wishing to cast a dmper on things but...

WHat a brilliant thread! Full of support and encouragement, I'm really glad you saved it from the UK breakers!

I recently sold a job-lot of UK W123 new parts on eBay.. and guess who bought them? A polish set of 3 brothers! I kid you not. Either they resell parts onwards or they use them for resto.. I am not sure, but I'd say it's 50/50 on ever seeing your car again in one piece!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom