The best E-Class

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
That’s the dilemma I have!

I’m currently looking at 213 E43 estates but at post pandemic prices, ie £35-40k for a 3/4 year old car with 30-50k miles already on it it doesn’t wet the appetite and some of them appear to be ‘very used’ it makes my immaculate
S212 look like a bargain to a new owner. Like you I’m not convinced about the durability of post 2013 MBs and I don’t like the idea of extending warranties to cover lack of quality

Or am I being overly pessemistic?

Best warranty in my experience has been the consumers rights act which dealers refuse to acknowledge exists, add a solicitor and an independent engineer and that’s a PITA but makes mince meat out of bs printed on paper.

With the s350 I don’t mind the ad blue issue per se but to program them to be dead in 500mls… I have to take my daughter for contact with her mum who lives at the other end of the country, and Indy has lead times, this ad blue count down (not seen it yet) is simply downright disgusting. Its not my fault the industry wanted to inject crap that crystallises.
What about all those e class threads with tandem pump (iirc) issues whilst the paint is still wet, totally disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Tell that to the suspension turrets…:shock:
If you don't mind Mercedes replaced them (as with just about everything else) because they had developed an upgraded version that erh , concentrated the steering geometry for British roads.

T5R+

Reaction score
Sensible head would say an E350/265 estate in S212 pre-facelift guise has the best of all worlds (even if it diesel and even if it is an estate :rolleyes:).

Heart would say a W213 E63S.

Reactions: DSK
Top Bottom