Tribute decal to Malcolm...

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
Looking forward to receiving...
You better let us know how to pay up front, to avoid any complications later, when you’ve worked it out of course:rolleyes::)

Probably the usual channel bud, paypal. Once I have firm news on Friday I'll post u an update.

birky101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Elegance Automatic 1999
1. GLK

2. vtaylor78

3. Keefysher

4. DREAMER NO2

5. 00slk

6. Tode

7. JonnyCJ

8. Pancholi

9. L John

10. Frosty 149

11. Bob 6600

12. Jp Williams

13. Moj91

14. davemercedes

15. Scott. G

16. Medntee

17. Chrishazle

18. Boydonegood

19. Littlebrooklyn

20. Birky101

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hello peeps

Just a thought - if we send a Paypal payment to silestanix as a gift, he will avoid their commission charges.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes!

I seriously dislike their charges (they got enough off me from eBay), but sometime it feels awkward to ask someone to do Friends and Family for a private sale. Having said that, my sister just sent me some dosh to get a [stupidly expensive] Kipling backpack for my niece (she's working overseas) ... do you think she used Friends and Family? Nope! PayPal respond to my query - tough t!ts ...

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
So am update all... Not what I was expecting. So I emailed Mike again twice this week, no reply. So after I'd been to Wayne Gates, I went to Signit's office and knocked...

DSC_8747.JPG

... Several times, no answer. I then called them....

Point Blur_Aug312018_192139.jpg

and no answer either!

So I'm going to pay a visit to 2 other sign shops tomorrow to get quotes and have the stickers printed. I called one after I'd been to signit (the number above signit).

Disappointed with Signit.london. However, I will press on! This will happen. Will update tomorrow guys.

Harry.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So am update all... Not what I was expecting. So I emailed Mike again twice this week, no reply. So after I'd been to Wayne Gates, I went to Signit's office and knocked...

View attachment 45435

... Several times, no answer. I then called them....

View attachment 45436

and no answer either!

So I'm going to pay a visit to 2 other sign shops tomorrow to get quotes and have the stickers printed. I called one after I'd been to signit (the number above signit).

Disappointed with Signit.london. However, I will press on! This will happen. Will update tomorrow guys.

Harry.
I agree it's not good and it's a PITA - but before you go gung ho to someone else and have to start all over again, they might be sick or on holiday (?) so maybe give them a day or two to surface?

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
I agree it's not good and it's a PITA - but before you go gung ho to someone else and have to start all over again, they might be sick or on holiday (?) so maybe give them a day or two to surface?

I agree although I have given them 4 days... Email on Monday and again on Wednesday (or Thursday?) and no response...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh heck - so it looks as though they've done a moonlight? At least you hadn't paid for all the decals! I guess you've got the drawings and spec of what you had agreed previously so it shouldn't be too much aggro with a new supplier. It's frustrating that nobody else can help... so good luck, Harry - keep in touch.

Last edited:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Shame that company just not answering.
I don't know of any printers either, I'm sure there must be someone on the forum who knows someone?

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
I dont know much about getting something up and running .But how about VISTAPRINT Just been to the web site and they do window decals ,if thats what they are .

Last edited:

Son of Television

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2007
Hi folks....you lot have had me in tears reading this thread. I am one of Malcolms sons (Andy). It is a week and 3 years today that he went to heaven.

I still have his CL500 and I smile every time I drive it.

He always taught me everything he knew. He was an amazing man and could seem to fix anything. He used to say "if someone can fix something, then so can I"

You have no idea how surreal it is when I search for help and I find forum posts from my own dad telling me how to fix his/my/our car!!!

Anyway....Headlight bulb replacements on a CL500 is not funny, however, I know I can fix it, just like my dad could x

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi Andy,

I know how you feel.
So many posts on here from Malc have helped me fix his/our SL when things aren't quite running right.

Rose and I were in France last week and raised a drink to him on the 3 year mark.

One thing we will never forget is Malcolm sitting on our sofa talking to our Jack Russell who had dementia. He was rubbing under the dogs chin and said to him "You and me are just the same, we're just waiting our time to come".

Hugo passed away November 3rd the same year, just under 3 months after Malcolm.

Take care

Rose and Alastair.

Last edited:

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
I found some old pictures of Malcolm the other day and I too raised a glass to him last week.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hi folks....you lot have had me in tears reading this thread. I am one of Malcolms sons (Andy). It is a week and 3 years today that he went to heaven.

I still have his CL500 and I smile every time I drive it.

He always taught me everything he knew. He was an amazing man and could seem to fix anything. He used to say "if someone can fix something, then so can I"

You have no idea how surreal it is when I search for help and I find forum posts from my own dad telling me how to fix his/my/our car!!!

Anyway....Headlight bulb replacements on a CL500 is not funny, however, I know I can fix it, just like my dad could x
I wondered what happened to that 216. Malcolm took me faster around Daventry’s roundabouts sideways than I normally drive in a straight line in it.

Lovely to hear from you. We still look at the photos of your dad and our eldest, Katherine, launching food into other people’s’ laps using spoon- catapults and smile. He was such a baddie!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What a great post! Welcome to the forum where you can still talk to your dad like it was yesterday! Somebody posted a motto about 3 years back: “What would Malcolm have done?” which points to the thousands of his support posts we’re lucky enough to have archived here. I’m glad you have the CL500 - Wow, what memories!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom