turbo rebuild recommendations

Wheeler3108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320cdi
Hello everyone

I have a problem with my turbo/actuator. I keep getting a juddering at about 3000 rpm. Sometimes it will go into limp mode. Sometimes not. I have been told I will need a new turbo by my garage. Codes read indicate a boost position sensor.

Obviously a new turbo is quite expensive.

My question is.. how good is a turbo rebuild/actuator repair and is it worth doing or should I bite the bullet and get a new turbo.

If it's worth getting my turbo repaired...who is good to use?

The car is a 2006 c320 3.0v6 cdi.
Turbo fitted 757608-0001 garret turbo with actuator number 268

Many thanks

Andy

sjh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E350 CDI Blue eff AG
Turbo actuator

I had the exact same thing on my E 280 I got the turbo actuator rebuilt at a place in blackpool , get turbo off the test the whole turbo and service it and also rebuild the actuator and then send it back to you. It cost me £140 for the whole job and no problems since.

The problem is that the actuator has a plastic worm drive in it which wears away its basically got no teeth left on it. They did a great job.

Would recommend a repair.

jaymanek

Reaction score
Website
www.mercland.com
Essex Turbo, reconditioned exchange is around £600 for the part. You MUST change the inlet port motor at the same time.

Their turbos as basically as new.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom