turbo rebuild recommendations

Wheeler3108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320cdi
Hello everyone

I have a problem with my turbo/actuator. I keep getting a juddering at about 3000 rpm. Sometimes it will go into limp mode. Sometimes not. I have been told I will need a new turbo by my garage. Codes read indicate a boost position sensor.

Obviously a new turbo is quite expensive.

My question is.. how good is a turbo rebuild/actuator repair and is it worth doing or should I bite the bullet and get a new turbo.

If it's worth getting my turbo repaired...who is good to use?

The car is a 2006 c320 3.0v6 cdi.
Turbo fitted 757608-0001 garret turbo with actuator number 268

Many thanks

Andy

sjh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E350 CDI Blue eff AG
Turbo actuator

I had the exact same thing on my E 280 I got the turbo actuator rebuilt at a place in blackpool , get turbo off the test the whole turbo and service it and also rebuild the actuator and then send it back to you. It cost me £140 for the whole job and no problems since.

The problem is that the actuator has a plastic worm drive in it which wears away its basically got no teeth left on it. They did a great job.

Would recommend a repair.

jaymanek

Reaction score
Website
www.mercland.com
Essex Turbo, reconditioned exchange is around £600 for the part. You MUST change the inlet port motor at the same time.

Their turbos as basically as new.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom