Vibration increase

yorkman1

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes e 280 cdi 2006
Hi thank you for reading this, I have a E 280 CDI on 55 plate,have had it since 50k now done 135k, always great car, fully serviced etc. just last week it started the following, first thing in the morning when cold and its in parked or reverse it increases vibration and when in d drive its perfectly fine.there is no vibration at all in any gear after say half an hour driving?
I had it serviced 6000 miles ago and gearbox oil was changed by main dealer at 75000.
Please can anyone help.

Last edited:

Quintus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d Estate 2017
Hi thank you for reading this, I have a E 280 CDI on 55 plate,have had it since 50k now done 135k, always great car, fully serviced etc. just last week it started the following, first thing in the morning when cold and its in parked or reverse it increases vibration and when in d drive its perfectly fine.there is no vibration at all in any gear after say half an hour driving?
I had it serviced 6000 miles ago and gearbox oil was changed by main dealer at 75000.
Please can anyone help.

I have exactly the same symptoms ('56 180k miles) going to indy next week for gearbox service (£325). What was the cause and remedy of your problem?
Thanks

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
I had exactly the same symptoms in my 2005 e320cdi. As there was no visible fluid leakage from the front mounts I replaced the gearbox mount which had a split in the rubber. This made little improvement so I changed the two fluid engine mounts and the problem was solved, it transformed the car TBH. I used Corteco front mounts (half the price of Lemforder), and they seem to be of good quality. The gearbox mount is Lemforder however. The job was done by lowering the front subframe, quite straight forward but you need a lift.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom