1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W123 rear window glass replacement?

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Wolfenion, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Wolfenion

Wolfenion Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W123
    Hello everyone.

After an unfortunate incident I had last night, locking my car keys inside my w123 with the engine started, after going through the little choices I had I ended up grabbing a hammer and busted the rear passenger window open in order to open the door.. the pain.

I've already taken apart the interior of the door (removed all the glass and old window mount), and am in the process of looking for a second hand window.

My question is, how am I suppose to get the new window installed? I've removed the bottom window seal from the door frame (just took it off with no tools needed), and that seem to have left enough room for the glass mount to fit down through, but what about the sides? do I have to remove one (or both) side seals? If not that it seems like there's a lot of jamming to do in order to squeeze the glass onto the side rails (or seals or whatever they're called, not a technical person) so it can slide up and down like it should.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions given.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Little info on this, normally you remove the horizontal seal on the top of the door panel.

I I have anything on this I will post back

You would normally undo 14 and 29

[​IMG]

3. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W202
    Send a PM to Jay Manek, he has owned both the saloon and coupe versions and would be able to advise you more thoroughly.

4. OP
    Wolfenion

Wolfenion Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W123
    Ok, thank you very much people :)