W124 differential

spock500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD, 1998
3ps, what part number do you have STAMPED on the MACHINED REAR FACE of the main body of the diff, you know, next to where the ratio is stamped? if you tell me i will look it up on the mbru site and check for you. did you say it had 320 written on it?

ANOTHER WARNING 3ps, this WRONG diff may also be wider across the flanges (not the flange size, the dimension laterally across the diff) this may mean your drive shafts will be too long.

sorry for shouting, but the unhappy situation you find yourself in has been like watching a car crash for me.

Apologies for digging up an old thread but just trying to locate this number.

The one featured in most ads appears below, is this the correct number to quote? - thanks

$_57.JPG

spock500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD, 1998
After some serious Googling and subsequent wire brushing, managed to uncover the ratio number which is 3.07

The main part number is R124 351 30 08

It has an ABS attachment but does anyone know which other diffs (assuming ratio correct) would be okay as replacements?

Looking at the first three numbers I guess that's the model number, 124, 201 ect..any ideas what the others stand for?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom