w124 engine wont start after replacing gearbox

Ems W124

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz W124, om603, sedan, 1986.
hello, i need some help, i got a mb 300 turbodiesel and today i replaced my automatic transmission into manual 4-speed, it came from 200e, but when i try to start the car with keys it wont start, what could the problem be? i started the car in downhill (hitting the gear and letting clutch go, sorry for my english, i lack some words) anyways, everything worked well, exept the ignition, i suspect that the car still think its automatic transmission and its not in park.. does it make sence? and can someone give me some tips about the gearbox replace? what i should more focus on?

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
If it thinks its not in park it wont turn over. Under the passenger foot well the wire with a 4-pin plug comes through into the passenger compartment that is from the old gearbox safety switch, you can bridge the pins to see if it then starts

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom