W140 Sluggish accelaration

mr_w140

Reaction score
Hello All,

I trust you all had a nice Christmas :D

My 1996 W140 lwb had remained parked for about 3 weeks and when I took it for a drive recently I've noticed that when I accelerate from a stationary position (say at traffic lights, junctions, etc) the acceleration is very slow and sluggish. I have to depress the accelerator quite a bit for it to pick up speed.

Once it's in motion the drive is fine and gear change normal.

Any idea's where I should start looking at the problem?

Thanks in advance.

michael8664

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 ML 270CDI W163 Auto, 2002 A160 Auto W168
Parked up for 3 weeks in this weather?
Brakes/handbrake rusted on.

OP
M

mr_w140

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The thing is if it was the brakes, etc then it should be sluggish always but when the car is driving it feels ok, It is only sluggish when picking from a stationary position.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom