W201 190E Not starting without accelerator, and stalls instantly

Ismael Arshad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e/d
Hi all,

I've been a lurker and have made a post in the past but I am back here again asking for advice/help!

My 190E had been running fine (starting on first crank etc) until about a two or so weeks ago when I went to get to the OVP relay to check the fuse as it had an unusually high fuel consumption. I left the battery disconnected as I didn't think it would do much harm, and the car isn't in use anyways.

It then proceeded to just not start, and I had narrowed it down to the fuel pump relay, except bridging the pins 87 and 30 didn't do anything to help. It turns out the socket itself was the issue with a wire or two not connected to the socket itself.

We proceeded to remove the socket by snipping the wires (I have already come to terms with my royal idiocy) and a few of the metal pins fell out of the socket, so I am not sure which pin leads to which wire.

I have seen a post from 2011 with a guideline to the wires that I should expect to see, except it seems the wires on this are different (i.e. the colours). Regardless it has been a tremendous help, and we have managed to get the car started, although, it only starts, and stays started with constant revs, without the revs it will instantly stall.

Is there anyone who can guide me in understanding how I determine which wire should go into which pin? What are my options? I could possibly look into a car that is breaking and take the part from there with the pins still attached?

I hope you guys can provide me with some advice and guidance on how I can get this sorted.

Thanks

OP
I

Ismael Arshad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e/d
The car is a 1993 190E 2.0

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom