2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can send you both the wiring and bar fitting instructions :D

S

Shamaya

Tow Bar

Hi Malcolm,
i am about to buy a tow bar for my Mercedes C Class Estate CDI220, W203,
2002 Reg.
any recommendation for which model shall I go ( low Budget)
And is that easy job to do on the front of house, or shall I go to professionals..
Do I need to take bumper off, any difficulty with wiring?
I am just looking for single socket to pull little trailer when we go camping...
Many Thanks
Ivan

Welcome to the forum,,MB do a special box that plugs into the rear SAM also on you car the fans should be modified

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Malcolm,
i am about to buy a tow bar for my Mercedes C Class Estate CDI220, W203,
2002 Reg.
any recommendation for which model shall I go ( low Budget)
And is that easy job to do on the front of house, or shall I go to professionals..
Do I need to take bumper off, any difficulty with wiring?
I am just looking for single socket to pull little trailer when we go camping...
Many Thanks
Ivan

Pop up your Email address and I will send you the details and you can take a read and see what you think, you can remove the address in edit shorty

chrisbeeching

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124, 230TE WITH 380,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK
Have just fitted a second-hand (but by the looks of it hardly used) Bosal towbar to my 2002 W203 C-Class estate. Being a relatively practical chap I also fitted a TEB7AS Universal Bypass Relay for the trailer socket electrics. However, I now find that when the lighting switch is set to 'headlights' (ie headlights, side lights and tail lights on) ALL lights are off. Move the switch to 'side lights only' and all the sidelights work. Indicators, reversing lights, stop and fog lights all work - this is on the car. Haven't attached a trailer yet. Am I missing something here? Any weird reason why the lights don't work on the 'headlights' setting?

Mercedes-2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350 AMG Sport (2013)
I assume that you've not plugged a Canbus module into the rear sam unit and that you've tapped into the relevant cables to the lights on the vehicle?
If so then I'm confident that this is the problem..
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom