w203 estate parking sensor removal/repair

stephenbassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class w203 2007 220cdi
Hi I am new to this forum but have owned a few Mercedes over the years(c107 380 SLC being the one I wished I'd kept) I am a working musician so always need a load carrier and by good fortune a C class 220 cdi sport edition estate came my way. It's a very straight car with low mileage for it's age (2007) but had a few issues most of which I have sorted. I am my no means the worlds greatest spanner man but having owned several classic's and always serviced / repaired my cars I'm not completely clueless. This brings me to my reason for posting on this forum, last job on my list with the c class are the parking sensors. It has front and rear sensors fitted, I have found one sensor not working on the front would this shut the whole system down or do the front and rears have separate control boxes? The system shuts down after 20 seconds or so with the red bars on front and rear displays staying on. I think my only option is to remove the sensors to check for wiring problems or faults. Is it possible to remove the trim that houses the sensors or do I have to remove the whole bumper cover? any help gratefully received.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You should be able to reach up under the bumper and unclip them

OP
S

stephenbassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class w203 2007 220cdi
You should be able to reach up under the bumper and unclip them
Thanks for the advice. After grovelling around this morning under the rear bumper I can see they can be reached. My problem is more the front sensors. I did a listening test and one is not ticking/clicking so I suspect this is the main culprit and wonder if the trim they are seated in can be removed.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Thanks for the advice. After grovelling around this morning under the rear bumper I can see they can be reached. My problem is more the front sensors. I did a listening test and one is not ticking/clicking so I suspect this is the main culprit and wonder if the trim they are seated in can be removed.

You really need to find out first which one is not working before pulling the car apart

OP
S

stephenbassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class w203 2007 220cdi
You really need to find out first which one is not working before pulling the car apart
Hi the drivers side sensor nearest the number plate does not click/tick so I thought I would replace this and check the wiring.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom