W208 Window Normalisation Fault - New One On Me?

OP
Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
After I called you the other week about the flat battery I had 20mins of this before it suddenly started working as it should do

Car has been with me 4 days, 1 day to fit a new reg and motor the others to work out this fault!!

OP
Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Update

Recoded the DCM's without auto drop down feature and windows will now close all the way. Still no hall sensor count though....the mystery continues.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There could be a good chance that the connector on the ECU has a dry joint on the counter, it reminds me now of my 230 where STAR said b27 level sensor faulty, where as there was nothing wrong on the sensor, the ABC ECU could not find the sensor due to a dry joint that goes to the sensor within the ABC ECU

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the problem is with both sides, the N/S was ok until it was swapped over with the O/S!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Perhaps the original fault was not as he was told, did the overload kill part of the harness or ECU, and try the other one it took that one out too

OP
Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Solved it!

School boy error by me totally im embarrased to say but thought I would post in case someone else did the same as me.

The door panels have to be on to normalise the window and I didnt refit them! My eagerness to check the windows got the better of me and when it didnt normalise I paniced!! The lock switch that is on the lock themselves was not being held in so the door saw it was open continually. I tested the switch with my finger on actual values but didnt think to test it with the door! What a berk.

Needless to say Im extremely embarrased but glad I sorted it. Feel free to take a shot at my incompetance if you are having a bad day and need an easy target to cheer yourself up! :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Solved it!

School boy error by me totally im embarrased to say but thought I would post in case someone else did the same as me.

The door panels have to be on to normalise the window and I didnt refit them! My eagerness to check the windows got the better of me and when it didnt normalise I paniced!! The lock switch that is on the lock themselves was not being held in so the door saw it was open continually. I tested the switch with my finger on actual values but didnt think to test it with the door! What a berk.

Needless to say Im extremely embarrased but glad I sorted it. Feel free to take a shot at my incompetance if you are having a bad day and need an easy target to cheer yourself up! :D

So easily done when you are working alone, I have had some piggy faults and set out to fix or solve them, sometimes you only see things through one path or direction, and off you go in that direction. I remember one once when a clever friend popped in to see me when I had this odd horrible fault, he looked at the diagram and saw it completely different to what I saw, and within ½ an hour all solved and working, and 2 days wasted of mine came to an end.

I admire you for coming clean Steve, it is so easily done :D:D

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
Glad it's finally sorted,Steve.:D The way I read it,though,the door panel issue caught out another Indie,and a main dealer,so it wasn't just you ;)

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
firstly steve, i think you are very honest giving us this update, you must be commended for it. secondly, we are all human. remember, the man who never made a mistake never made anything, and i for one have made things ;)

i have been caught like this once, after changing a door lock i could not work out why it didn't work. and i know many others that have been caught the same way! the main thing is not to do it twice :D

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Solved it!

Many thanks for your honesty. Hope this helps

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom