W210 brake lights failure

Zeev

Reaction score
Website
www.invignome.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI W210 OM611
I have noticed my right and left brake lights do not , work, but the center brake light operates normally. I replaced both bulbs, but still no go. The wire plugs seem to be fine, and other lights work as they should, so it is not the ground. Does the center brake light receive a feed from different place? And if so, is there a plug that may be disconnected? The car had been to general paint, and much of the trimming had been removed, including the boot carpeting. Are the wiring diagrams for the brake lights available for my model?
Many thanks,
Zeev

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is it an estate or saloon please

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Do the other lights in the light cluster work? If not then maybe they weren't reconnected properly by the paint shop. Have you found any loose wiring?

One other point to check is that the power is supplied to the bulbs by a series of metal plates.

Have you checked that power is supplied to them by using a multimeter or test bulb?

OP
Z

Zeev

Reaction score
Website
www.invignome.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI W210 OM611
It is a saloon. All of the other lights work. I haven't run the multimeter test, but having a failure on both sides and having found no lose wiring I assume an upstream fault. And, I replaced both bulbs with new ones. Is the central brake light wired separately?

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I only mentioned the multimeter test as I had a fault whereby the metal conductor plate had warped slightly and although it had power it no longer touched the bulb holder contact and thus the brake light didn't work.

OP
Z

Zeev

Reaction score
Website
www.invignome.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI W210 OM611
Television, for some reason the link you posted redirects me to a google search page. Could you, please verify it is a working link?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It works for me,,,, I will find another way

OP
Z

Zeev

Reaction score
Website
www.invignome.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI W210 OM611
It does seem the central and tail brake lights are wired separately. I will check it later. Is the brake pedal switch a reverse one (should it turn the lights on if I remove it from it's bracket?
BTW, television, I found our the link works with PC computers only. Both Safari and Firefox on my Apple computer bring me to a google search page. FYI.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It does seem the central and tail brake lights are wired separately. I will check it later. Is the brake pedal switch a reverse one (should it turn the lights on if I remove it from it's bracket?
BTW, television, I found our the link works with PC computers only. Both Safari and Firefox on my Apple computer bring me to a google search page. FYI.

I too am have trouble with links and the new firefox, why cant they leave things alone

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom