W210 Double Din & Klimatronic Digital

Rory1980

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 e220 cdi
Hello
I ran a search on this but info seemed to be limited so il put it out there again. E220 cdi avantgarde 2001

Recently won an OEM double din Wood panel on Ebay as had been toying with the idea of fitting Command 2 - but now have decided to go an aftermarket double din.. These panels are rare rare and especially in my cars oem wood color so i thought i had struck a good thing.

However the clause is now that the double din donor vehicle also had the digital Klimatronic panel. A Klimatronic panel at reasonable price i have souced already..
But it has two Plugs.... where as my benz has one plug and the other some sort of pushrod setup to control the flaps

A bit more delving and i found a complete airbox from a vehicle with Digital Klima with all its stepper motors attached,

But its still going to missing a rather large part of the Loom /wiring harness to connect in this little Klimatronic digital pod and get most of it to work.

has anyone successfully done this?? im sure someone was fanatical enough to chase every factory option and retrofit this in a W210 !

Are we talking a piggy back wiring loom/harness of types that can come out of a donor vehicle and can plug into my cars existing loom to make all these stepper motors on the flaps work - or is my dream blown apart here and its just mission impossible without changing practically the wiring loom of the car which is basically not worth my while.

Advice please !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You cannot piggy bank them, there are other problems, the heater box is not the same, you new one is automatic where as the original is manual rods

See what others think

OP
R

Rory1980

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 e220 cdi
as said i found an digital type heater box with its servos, but no idea what is between that and the control by way of wiring, im hoping its a short interchangeable sort of loom that can go between various w210 models,
Be a real headache if mercedes put in a completly differnt wiring loom just for that option

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Try Benzworld and MBWorld to see if anyone else has had a go at it. Can't say I've seen a thread on the subject though

OP
R

Rory1980

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 e220 cdi
I did a bit of Googling and there was slight info but did not lead anywhere,

Would be very surprised if it had not been done especially now these cars are getting long in the tooth and there's plenty now dead or dismantled .

It would be a nice touch though as the roller wheels look really old school in what is otherwise still a fresh interior,

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
I did a bit of Googling and there was slight info but did not lead anywhere,

Would be very surprised if it had not been done especially now these cars are getting long in the tooth and there's plenty now dead or dismantled .

It would be a nice touch though as the roller wheels look really old school in what is otherwise still a fresh interior,

Check your PM`s Rory.
Regards
John

imbck666

New Registration
Reaction score
Any more info on this mod as i want to do the same?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom