W211 wheel wobble and indie in Bristol / S Glous

tpt

Reaction score
Hi

My 80000 mile E220CDi AG Est Auto has started to show a strange problem. At low speed - say 0-30 mph, the steering wheel wobbles from side to side. You can feel it pulling one way and then the other.

At faster speeds it is less noticable - i ssupect the wobble is still there but the speed is dampening it out.

I have had the wheels balanced - what next must I check? Wheel bearing? Lower ball joints? How do I go about trouble shooting this?

Also, can any one recommend a good indy MB specailist in the Bristol/Bath/S Glous area? I have now confidence in the shower down at Cribbs Causeway...

Many thanks in advance...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Your fault is odd, for a very good indie you have STAR at Caversham, not that far from you

jefrs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S210 98 E320 Estate Av petrol full load
I had a car do that and it turned out that a tyre had thrown its tread.

Tread not circumferential with the rest of the tyre and wheel, snapped tyre band.

Do check.

OP
T

tpt

Reaction score
Thanks for this advice. Looking at the front tyres, they are near their minimums and I will get a new set this weekend. If that doesnt cure it, i will book in with the indie in Caversham to have a good look at the front suspension. Thanks again - TPT

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You will not be disappointed by using Star in Caversham

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
If that doesnt cure it, i will book in with the indie in Caversham to have a good look at the front suspension.

No need for you to travel that far.

I use http://www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk/

Steve, the owner, is a member of this forum and a first rate chap. I have always been impressed by his skill and knowledge. I service I have received has always been exceptional.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No need for you to travel that far.

I use http://www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk/

Steve, the owner, is a member of this forum and a first rate chap. I have always been impressed by his skill and knowledge. I service I have received has always been exceptional.

Yes Steve is a very good guy, I just thought that the other one was nearer

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom