w213: can someone please photo their rear arches

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Your car looks really good. Alternatively, a wheel Place can trim the hub on the wheel to effectively change the et and bring the wheel closer to the inside of the car. You just have to make sure it won't foul on shocks etc.

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
thanks Alexander, i don't think i'll modify these wheels, the next course of action is to replace them with genuine mercedes wheels of some sort, as boring as that may be.... i love the look of these ones, but they are not compatible with my car :(

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
thanks Alexander, i don't think i'll modify these wheels, the next course of action is to replace them with genuine mercedes wheels of some sort, as boring as that may be.... i love the look of these ones, but they are not compatible with my car :(

That is the best option.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
the edge of an arch has a lip on it , usually around an inch wide , rolling simply mean that lip is decreased by either cutting it away ( rough as ) or by carefully reshaping it so the tyres no longer catch

Rolling is not removing any material, it is using an "Arch Roller" and heat to gently bend the return on the bottom of the arch up and away

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
ok update, i've now sourced and bought AMG original wheels with summer tires, but i need to know the dimensions of the original bolts that are used to attach them (i don't have them), can someone who knows let me know the dimension of the original wheel bolts please ??

cheers
niall

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Yep a w212 Willbe M14 X 1.5 with R14 head. Not sure what length you'll need though. Fronts aren't a problem if too long but rears can hit the parking brake mechanism and damage it. When fitting the the first time turn the wheels at least 2 full turns listening for clicking or noise as it's turned.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I use this site, www.wheel-size.com when I'm looking at any potential problem areas on wheels or tyres. I've always found it very helpful and there is a lot of good information available you just need to have a good look around the site. It's not ad blocker friendly but that can be worked around with a little patience.

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
ok back to my original problem, is the missing piece actually glued on plastic, or a damage.jpg IMG_5304.JPG IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5307.JPG IMG_5308.JPG missing lip.png IMG_5304.JPG IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5307.JPG IMG_5308.JPG missing lip.png , it looks from the damage to be plastic, but i'm not sure, anyone know ? here's more photos for you to see the problem

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
the line i needed you all to read was:

it looks from the damage to be plastic, but i'm not sure, anyone know ? here's more photos for you to see the problem

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
answering my own thread, that line of plastic is actually orderable from Mercedes, i'm getting a quote from a paint shop and they said they can buy two of those strips, remove the damaged originals, clean up the paint work and repair then glue on the new strips, i'll report back with the progress of that soon enough...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
What do the bits of plastic do???

Do you actually need them??

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
i imagine that they protect the rim of the wheel arch from flying stones which would damage the lip and lead to rust, i haven't noticed these lips on previous Mercedes that I've owned so it must be an attempt at improving the rust resistance of wheel arches (at the rear), they don't appear in the front arches

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
so i've booked the car to go and get the wheel arches repaired on november 6th, i'll get the car back november 7th and hopefully these guys will do a good job

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
ok so now the company that was going to fix it claims that Mercedes do not offer the part (I need the part number of the line of rubber or whatever it is that covers the wheel arch lip)...

so, do any of you nice guys with Mercedes STAR or an EPC (electronic parts catalog), have the ability to give me the part number of this Mercedes part, as clearly it IS a part, shipped on new W213's from the factory,

any help with this would be awesome
cheers
niall

Last edited:
OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
so i installed WIS to see if i could locate the part number but so far, no good, i cannot find it, any ideas what to search for in the EPC ?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom