W213 windows are not closing

OP
Velryba

Velryba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY16 E220d Premium
My car started perfectly and there was no clear issues. I bought a CTEK charger, charged it for ages, start-stop would then work for a couple of days after charging ... and then stop. Again, all electronics worked but it was during this time ... that the windows were going funny. Almost in a 'limbo' zone > Not so low to throw a code, and not high enough to operate certain functions.

Mercedes dealer STAR said charge the battery and try again, and then they decided to just replace it. Mercedes contributed 60% towards the cost (£380 in total or something).

If you have extended warranty, they will most likely just change it out. It's a simple process (one battery) and it's two clips under the bonnet. If Mercedes Me is not showing fully charged, then that is a good signal that a code might of been produced by the car.

BTW, just double check all the LED's on your car > Door handles and under mirrors. These are expensive (labour) to replace, so if they've gone (common on this model), get em switched under extended warranty. P.s who is the extended warranty from? Merc?

Note for future readers ... READ THE CTEK CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CHARGING BATTERY ON CAR. HIGH VOLTAGE CAN DAMAGE YOUR ELECTRONICS.

Yes, the extended warranty is from MB, as I have purchased the car in August this year from them, so I have one year warranty for that.

That was the only reason why I have paid more than if bought private, as I wanted to have the assurance that if something goes wrong, I do not need to worry, as it can be expensive on these cars.

I know that this type of problem/fault is a pain in the neck, as it is hard to point out the cause and that's where these forums are a great place for help and information.

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Yes, the extended warranty is from MB, as I have purchased the car in August this year from them, so I have one year warranty for that.

That was the only reason why I have paid more than if bought private, as I wanted to have the assurance that if something goes wrong, I do not need to worry, as it can be expensive on these cars.

I know that this type of problem/fault is a pain in the neck, as it is hard to point out the cause and that's where these forums are a great place for help and information.

Great decision buying from Mercedes! They can get very expensive if a fix is required. Only issue is that sometimes it’s hard to get them to ‘admit’ there’s a fault. It’s like Chinese whispers from the service people to the mechanics. Ie their perception of what’s wrong. Most of the time I ask to speak to the mechanic to have a good conversation!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom