W220 - Water Ingress through blocked reed valve - Was it a recall?

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S-Class S55 AMG 2000 / W220 S-Class S55K AMG 2003 / W163 ML270 / Jaguar XJR X350
Hi All
If you have seen some of my other posts you will know that I have experienced recently a failure of my W220 due to water ingress through a blocked reed valve in the bulkhead.

reading this old thread from Chas, it is suggested that there was a recall to add an emergency valve
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=186837&postcount=1

My vehicle has just spent some expensive time with a local MB dealer who has fixed some damaged wiring in the passenger footwell, and I asked the tech if an emergency valve had ever been fitted -
He said there was no recall, saying it was normal to just remove the bung.

Does anyone have any solid information about this - was it a recall, advisory or just an option to fit an emergency drain valve? The car is full mercedes service history - so if there is any chance I can put this issue (and some of the cost) back to them, it would be very helpful - But I would need solid information...

Many thanks
Gaz

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
Many years ago I purchased a W220 S500 from my local MB Dealership, after one week the same thing happened, after a heavy rain shower the passenger footwell filled up with water causing all sorts of problems.
I phoned the dealership and told them what had happened and I did not want the car they said MB are aware of this problem and there was a recall on all the W220 models and would repair the car at no expense to me.
So yes 100% recall with regards to the W220 passenger footwell flooding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom