water leak in drivers footwell missing rubber pieces i think??

muckymarshall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c270 CDI
hello my car is a 2005 c270 cdi elegance.

i have some water leaking into driver footwell, i have had a look at drains (including under fuse box). The grommet for the bonnet release cable looks a bit cracky but i am wondering if my problem is the missing piece of rubber on the windscreen on the drivers side?
driver sides windscreen rubber missing.jpg
thie piece on the passenger side looks like this
passenger side windscreen rubber.jpg
whats its name and where can i get one?
if it is my grommet on the bonnet release cable what kind of price is that too replace?

many thanks

OP
M

muckymarshall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c270 CDI
hello Malcolm

i wanted to ask you a question or two but im a newbie so i cant pm you!
basically i think im leaking through my cable, i have checked and cleaned all drains but im still leaking into drivers footwell dripping from the bonnet release handle, i thought it might be a piece of rubber missing from the drivers side window below is a picture of the missing area
driver sides windscreen rubber missing.jpg
the passenger side does have a piece as shown
passenger side windscreen rubber.jpg
looking at the grommet behind the fuse box it looks abit grey and cracked, i didnt know whether replacing it or squirting a load of sealant around it would do the trick.

thanks for asking

mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On some 203 there were some welds that never got done and waters seeps in,just near the bonnet handle release. I think someone has been having ago looking at the pics.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I suppose it could be, although I would be surprised if it was.
You say that you have checked the usual culprits - heater intake drain etc. Do you have a sunroof? If so did you check that the drains for it as well?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom