Went to dark side

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Morning ladies and gents,
I went on the dark side and now I have a dec 2018 Bmw G11 740 M Performance at 12600 miles with £14k of options, initial price £86456 Reasons are 4x4, lower mpg/insurance/tax, faster and merino leather all around, service pack included up to 60k, extended warranty, an extra set of 19' alloys and so on. Please don't kill me for this. I still have my E350 which is now my daily drive.
I compared S350/400 with this G11 and the difference is there. The S is a different planet , a different feel and YES I absolutely love it but higher running costs. S500 2019 is on my list for spring 2020 but I have a house coming in January.
My other half drives an A class 2018 which is not bad at all.
Update Sept '21

Hello again ,

Hope everyone is safe and well. I had an insane year , super busy at work and around the house.
- Moved house and done all building work, got a new Panasonic washing machine :)
- got a son of 15 month now . I know ! I am a DAD :)
- sold my E350 as I have been working from home most of the time
- sold the A class and replaced it with a GLC250: don't like it at all but my wife does
- w205 is still around. had all front suspension broken and replaced it under warranty.
- sold the 7 in August at 53k miles : no issues at all. Great car, luckily had the service packs and Bmw warranty.
- in March this year i bought an X6 M50d : awesome car, good mpg, high tax but way better than the X5M50D. This is full options, BMW service pack/warranty. Now at 27700miles. Paid £33k cash and had it valued today by BMW Tonbridge at £39k as they sell way over £40k.
- I stopped looking at S500.

Now I am interested in a GLE 43AMG. I drove one for 2 days and loved it. Slower than the x6 but the feel is completely different. I just cannot find a really good one : 2018 Designo Prem+ with low mileage 390bhp. I am willing to trade the x6 for the GLE 43.
I now have few questions please:
- any difference between 367 and 390bhp is terms of possible tuning powers?
- noticed the seats on the earlier version a stiffer and not that deep. Why ?
- airmatic or not?
- hows is the MBme app?
- should I keep the x6 until the new GLE53 will be cheaper? Not willing to spend more than £45k anyway!
- what are the OEM tyres? Contis, Michelins or Pirelli ?
- or Cayenne?

I would appreciate any real tips from 43/53 owners. Many thanks in advance

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nothing ? :D

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
You have maybe lost your honour going to the dark side and as a result no one wants to answer, lol

As a side, there are not many AMG GLE owners about so perhaps a reason for the lack of uptake on the post.

Whatever you do, leave the darkside

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Update Sept '21

Hello again ,

Hope everyone is safe and well. I had an insane year , super busy at work and around the house.
- Moved house and done all building work, got a new Panasonic washing machine :)
- got a son of 15 month now . I know ! I am a DAD :)
- sold my E350 as I have been working from home most of the time
- sold the A class and replaced it with a GLC250: don't like it at all but my wife does
- w205 is still around. had all front suspension broken and replaced it under warranty.
- sold the 7 in August at 53k miles : no issues at all. Great car, luckily had the service packs and Bmw warranty.
- in March this year i bought an X6 M50d : awesome car, good mpg, high tax but way better than the X5M50D. This is full options, BMW service pack/warranty. Now at 27700miles. Paid £33k cash and had it valued today by BMW Tonbridge at £39k as they sell way over £40k.
- I stopped looking at S500.

Now I am interested in a GLE 43AMG. I drove one for 2 days and loved it. Slower than the x6 but the feel is completely different. I just cannot find a really good one : 2018 Designo Prem+ with low mileage 390bhp. I am willing to trade the x6 for the GLE 43.
I now have few questions please:
- any difference between 367 and 390bhp is terms of possible tuning powers?
- noticed the seats on the earlier version a stiffer and not that deep. Why ?
- airmatic or not?
- hows is the MBme app?
- should I keep the x6 until the new GLE53 will be cheaper? Not willing to spend more than £45k anyway!
- what are the OEM tyres? Contis, Michelins or Pirelli ?
- or Cayenne?

I would appreciate any real tips from 43/53 owners. Many thanks in advance
Can’t really help with your questions but I love my GLC43 and air suspension was standard on mine and very effective both from comfort and handling point of view

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You have maybe lost your honour going to the dark side and as a result no one wants to answer, lol

As a side, there are not many AMG GLE owners about so perhaps a reason for the lack of uptake on the post.

Whatever you do, leave the darkside
Lost my honour ?? Exactly the same when i had asked about s500.

I wonder how much it would cost to be nice ? ...even online ....

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
Fully agree with you re depreciation but you do get this with any car especially large cars. I am sorry if the title is a bit harsh and I know the differences between the two. Thought I'd give 7 a go. I do miss the elegance, the feel and the calm atmosphere in the S no wonder they call it ' the best or nothing'. Yes costs are there for a reason but like everyone else I want to keep them low. The cost difference is quite a lot and I just couldn't get any S with included services, extended warranty and few extra perks. I can outlay the perks I got with the 7. The Mb Sales rep wasn't even interested in offering anything not even a £500 discount.
If we are buying new and you are not offered a discount, look at Carwow and talk to the sales person again..

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
If we are buying new and you are not offered a discount, look at Carwow and talk to the sales person again..
You looked back almost 2 years to quote that post. :)
Normally I would completely agree with you but we are living in very different times at the moment.
Factory orders are mostly being priced at full retail because of increased production costs and used prices being sky high. To make matters worse standard specification is being cut with no reduction in list price.
There may be slight movement on new prices because every deal is individual, but in general this is the case.
i speak from from current first hand knowledge of Mercedes.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Lost my honour ?? Exactly the same when i had asked about s500.

I wonder how much it would cost to be nice ? ...even online ....
It might have been intended as humorous?
Anyway, I often note that the cars MB provide to road testers tend to have Airmatic (or its equivalent) which I think signals which setup the manufacturer knows is best.

Top Bottom